Chapter 26

{Character in picture: Genevieve Hannelius as Mallory Conrad}

{Song in video: Lady Gaga - Fashion}

Even though the fashion show was just in a few hours, I was still trying to decide what exactly I should wear.

"Ugh, Chels, what do you think?" I asked her, hold a long red dress in one hand, and a sparkly gold dress in the other.

Chelsea walked into my room, wearing her bartender outfit, because she was going to work in about an hour. "If it was me, you know I would wear the red one since it shows some skin," she said, shrugging. "But that's just me."

"What about Rebecca?" I whined. "I'm just trying to make a good impression."

"You just told me the other day that you didn't care what she would think of you." She gave me a look.

I sighed. "You're right. I'll just go with what I would wear, which would be the red one." I grinned.

"Awesome." She grinned. "You're lucky you get to a fashion show because you're dating a rich hot boss, who has an older sister that's a fashion designer."

"I know."

"I wish I had that life." She made a pouty face. "I seriously need to find a man." She sighed.

"You'll find one someday, probably sometime soon, especially with how persistent you are." I laughed.

"I sure hope so." She quickly made herself a ham and cheese sandwich, and then ate it.

In the meantime, I put on the red dress, and admired myself in the mirror for a bit. I also put on red high heels that matched my dress, foundation on my face, light pink lipstick, and a tiny red purse.

"What do you think?" I asked Chelsea as I walked out of the room, grinning.

"You look gorgeous!" Chelsea exclaimed. "Vince will be blown away by your beauty."

I laughed. "Speaking of Vince, he's going to pick me up. I'm going to check my phone." I went back into my room, and checked my phone. 

Sure enough, there was a missed call, and an unread text from Vince. I looked at the text that said: Hey, I'm on my way now. I'll see you in a bit :)

He used a smiley face emoji.

I grinned when I read that, because normally he doesn't put any emojis on his texts, but this time he did.

I replied back to his text, saying: Okay, see you soon :)

I checked myself in the mirror one last time to make sure none of my makeup was smeared, and that my dress didn't have any threads hanging out, or any rips on it.

"Hey, I'm going to work now," Chelsea said to me as she peeked her head in my room.

"Okay, I'll see you later," I said, waving to her.

She smiled, and then walked out of the apartment.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang, and I went over to the door, opening it.

"Hey," Vince said as if his breath was taken away. "Wow, you look amazing." He smiled.

He was wearing a black tuxedo, and quickly brushed a part of his hair with his hand.

"Thank you," I said, feeling my face flush. "You look charming and spiffy yourself."

"Thanks." He glanced around. "So are you ready?"