Chapter 25

{Character in picture: Victoria Beckham as Rebecca Conrad}

{Song in video: Lady Gaga - Beautiful, Dirty, Rich}

"Hey, Dante," I greeted Dante as I went over to my desk. "You will not believe what happened this weekend." I put my purse on my desk.

Dante gave me a suspicious look as he turned around to face me from his desk. "What are you talking about?" He asked cautiously. "Did you make the boss mad?"

"No, not at all." I rolled my eyes. "So much for thinking the best of me."

"Well, you tend to do that sometimes." He shrugged.

"I admit, I used to before I started dating him."

He chuckled. "It's alright, I'm just joking."

I scowled, rolling my eyes. "Anyways, so Chelsea and I decided to go clubbing, and I invited Vince-"

"Boss man went clubbing with you all?" He interrupted, his eyes widening.

"Yes." I gave him a look. "So, Chelsea had a date with a Russian model," I air quoted as I was speaking. "And Chelsea ended up giving my address out to the guy, who turned out to be a 50 year old man catfishing her."

"How smart."

"I know, right? I don't know why she did that." I shook my head.

"I do." He chuckled. "Because she's an airhead."

"Yeah, she kind of is." I nodded. "Anyways, the man ended up coming to my apartment door, even though Chelsea told him not to do it. I called Vince, and he showed up of course. By the time he came, the man wasn't around my apartment anymore. Later, we ended up going to a different club, and then after a while, Vince and I saw that man who was supposed to be Chelsea's Tinder date!"

"Sounds like he stalked you all there."

"He did! And he also spiked Vince's drink!"

He blinked, and his eyes widened. "What the heck?"

"Yeah, I know. I called Sanjay, and he came to help Chelsea and I to help take Vince back to my apartment."

"That's interesting. How was Vince?"

"He was okay. He couldn't walk that much, but I told him to drink plenty of water."

"Well, that sounds like you had a fun weekend."

"Yeah, it was interesting." I laughed. "So how was your weekend?"

"Oh, just had to ground my kids because they pissed off the neighbors by throwing eggs at their cars." He sighed.

I burst out laughing. "That's what Chelsea and I did when we were preteens."

"Why am I not surprised?" He muttered under his breath.

"How old are your kids anyways?"

"My daughter is fourteen, and my son is twelve."

"Ooh, they're approaching the teenage years." I raised my eyebrows, grinning.

"Don't remind me."

Sanjay walked over to us, handing Dante and I some papers. "Mr. Havens told me you two need to fill these out, and fax it over to this company." He gave us a note with the company's name.

"Okay, will do," Dante said to him. "By the way, did you really help Mr. Havens when he accidentally got roofied?"

"Mr. Havens got roofied?!" Harper blurted out in a loud voice, gasping as she passed by, then stopped. She dropped a file out of surprise.