Chapter 19

{Song in video: Troye Sivan ft. Broods - Ease}

The rest of the week went by, and today was now Saturday, the day of our date to go to the picnic in the park.

I checked the temperature outside, and it said it was 71 degrees Fahrenheit, and also sunny. It wasn't too cold or too hot, it was just right.

I put on casual, yet stylish clothes. I wore a yellow blouse/vest, black shorts, oxfords, gold necklace, and a gold bow clip in my hair.

Vince had told me earlier that he was making sandwiches for the both of us, but I baked the peanut butter oat bars, since I knew he liked those.

When I was ready, I walked out of my apartment, and took a taxi to the park.

When I got to the park, I looked around for Vince. I saw him sitting on a blanket, with two baskets, fruits, vegetables, snacks, and flowers.

"Hey," I said, grinning as I walked over to him, and sat down.

"Hey," Vince greeted back, smiling. "You look very beautiful, Stacey." He handed me red roses.

"Awww, thank you, Vince," I took the flowers, and put it next to me since I had no where else to put it.

"You're welcome. Did you want to eat now?"

"Sure." I put the container down. "I made the peanut butter oat bars." I grinned.

"Excellent. My favorites." He smiled as he got two baskets, and took sandwiches out of each of them. "There's also fruits, vegetables, and snacks."

I looked at the plates, which had cantaloupe, grapes, watermelons, salad, and chips. "Looks great." I smiled.

"Thank you." He smiled back. "I've made us Mediterranean sandwiches."

I put the sandwich on my plate, and then took a bite out of it. "This is great!"

"Thank you, I'm glad you like it." He smiled.

We ate our food, and then started talking again while eating the snacks.

"So what are your favorite music, bands, and singers?" He asked suddenly.

I thought for a moment before I answered. "Well, I mainly like pop, soft rock, and indie music. Matchbox Twenty, Britney Spears, and Goo Goo Dolls are my favorites. What are yours?"

"Matchbox Twenty is my favorite band actually." He smiled.

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes." He nodded. "I also like Train, The Fray, and Goo Goo Dolls."

"Train is really good too." I grinned.

"I do admit, I like some songs by Lana Del Rey." He chuckled.

"I listen to her too sometimes."

I glanced around, and saw people walking, sitting, and riding their bikes. I saw a couple holding hands as they walked passed us. This will be like Vince and I.

By that time, we were finished eating our food and snacks.

"Did you want to walk around or stay here?" Vince asked.

"We can walk around if you want," I said, shrugging. "I'm fine either way."

"Okay, we can walk around then."

I helped him get the plates, blanket, and some of the leftover snacks. We went over to his car, and put it in the trunk.

The sun was going down, and Vince grabbed my hand as we walked toward the river.