"No, but where am I?" the girl responded kind of awkwardly while shaking her head.

"Please talk to me! Sister, how are you standing in front of me? I must be dead." Carter spoke his hand trembling from fear.

She put her hand on his and almost immediately Carter screamed and began convulsing like the old woman had just a few minutes before.

"Carter!" a loud thunderous scream echoed through the last bit of people scrambling to the exit. The girl turned around to look at the man running towards Carter and watched as he knelt to the ground beside him. "Ava! Do something! Touch his forehead and force him to wake up!" Carter's father screamed looking around franticly.

The girl followed the instructions Carter's dad gave her. She placed her hand softly on his head and thought, "God if your listening... let this work." Within a few contradicting moments Carter stopped convulsing, and started breathing normal. The girl smiled happy at what she had done and as she began to turn away she heard Carter scream, "Ava!" She turned back around and looked at Carter, he had a small amount of white foam at the edge of his lips and he was sitting up straight baring his eyes into her own. "Ava!"

~~

"Miss. Ava! Ava! Wake up its just a dream" a woman in a house maids outfit commanded, clearly annoyed.

Ava glared at the maid and pointed towards the door. The maid looked furious for a moment but quickly composed herself, put on a fake smile and spoke, "Yes ma'am. As you wish. Breakfast is waiting." The maid scurried to the door and let herself out.

Ava rolled over on her mattress so her face was smothered by her pillow. "What," she thought, "kind of a dream was that?" A small frustrated groan escaped her lips while she pulled at the pillow underneath her face, and threw across the room. This motivated her to get out of bed and get ready for breakfast. As she walked across the white puffy carpet in her bare feet she grasped the edge of her pillow case and threw it back onto the bed randomly. Ava then walked past her closet and into the bathroom next to it. She quickly slipped in and washed her face in the sink, then put her hair up in a messy bun. She looked in the mirror satisfied with her appearance now, and slipped out. Ava walked towards the dresser next to the door leading her out of her room. She opened the third drawer down and picked up some white ankle socks. She fell to the ground then slipped each sock on. Ava then went to a few other drawers and slipped on some white shorts and a plain black hoddie.

She took the cold silver doorknob in her hand and twisted it letting herself out. She passed the six brown doors on either side before hers and walked down the hall to the spiral staircase. She took the first step slowly breathing in the magnificent smell of breakfast. As if on cue, her stomach screamed for food, and with that she ran down the rest stairs and to the first floor. When she reached the bottom stair she slightly slipped but recovered and walked silently passed the entry room to the dining area. The smell of breakfast was so vivid she could practically taste the French toast and bacon calling her name. She pulled out a chair from underneath the long glass dining table, and sat. A plate of French toast with bacon and fruit tidbits was at her seat and her forks, spoons and knife were beside each plate(or bowl) of food.

"Ahem," her father coughed, "Ava?"

Ava stopped eating and looked up astonished that he was sitting at the table. Much to her surprise her mother was there also. "Hey guys," she spoke as more of a question but continued sarcastically, "What is the occasion to be delighted by your presence? Who died?" It has been nearly five years since they ate as a family or even cluttered into the same room as each other.

"Ava, darling your mother and I need to have a word with you. Remember how to talk to your parents." Her father sneered disrespect clear in his voice.

"Listen Ava," her mother sighed, also aggravated, "You will be starting a special boarding school in two weeks. You may pick two of the house maids to take you to get your uniform and some extra clothes. Also you may need to get a few things for your dorm. You have all weekend to shop. You are excused, take your breakfast to your room and get ready to shop. We want you out by noon." She spoke and shooed her away. When Ava opened her mouth to protest her mother held up her pointer finger and began, "Do not dare say a word. Oh and your home schooling teacher passed away over the weekend in a plane wreck. Good evening." With that Ava walked out.

Ava's eyes began to water and she wiped them away furiously, then ran up the stairs back to her room on the third floor When she reached her room she slammed the door behind her and screamed. She fell to the floor while screaming, "I hate you! Both of you are failures! How dare you try to send me to boarding school!" Ava fell to the floor furious tears escaping her eyes. She threw her breakfast plate at the wall and watched as the plate shattered and the food stained the wall. "I hate you..." she whimpered and started breathing in slowly and letting it out to try and calm herself.

After a good fifteen minutes she was finally calm, she sighed but walked to the bathroom to get ready for her first day of shopping. "Who," she pondered silently, "am I supposed to take. None of the house maids fancy me. Maybe I'll just get the first two I see." She looked in the mirror and sighed. With nothing but her thoughts to keep her company she hopped in the shower.

-------------Congradulations! you made it through the first part of Deepest Despair. You succeede(: any way the second part is to be out within the next two days. Look forward to your comments (if you leave one) and your votes(if you vote) oh and if you enjoyed...... Looking forward to (hopefully) pleasing you with the next chapter.

lots'o'love

~~~questionchick14