Chapter 58: 58 - A Long Overdue Battle

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN NARUTO, HINATA DOES

############################################################

Legacy Part 2

Jounin Exams Arc

Chapter 58 - A Long Overdue Battle

############################################################

## Previously ##

"Lucky girl" Naruto muttered. "I still have the lazy ass to fight"

"I know" Shikamaru replied. "What a drag"

## Now ##

"So Shika-kun" Hinata began, making the sleeper lazily open a single eye. "Have a plan against Naruto-kun?" Hinata asked.

"Oh yeah" Shikamaru quickly replied, waving his hand dismissively, though Hinata noticed the small hint of sarcasm behind his tone "I plan to get rid of Naruto within the first minute of match" Shikamaru explained and Hinata just chuckled.

"I bet" Hinata replied with amusement.

"No faith in my skills" Shikamaru said.

"Oh no, you misunderstand me" Hinata began. "I have extreme faith in your abilities, your dedication and commitment on the other hand...not so much" Hinata replied cheekily. Shikamaru just grinned before closing his eyes and yawning loudly.

"And you Naruto-kun?" Hinata turned towards the blonde who was watching with talk between her and Shikamaru with amusement.

"Who knows what that lazy ass has planned" Naruto shrugged his shoulders.

"Naruto and Shikamaru to the arena" B called.

"Time to face the music" Shikamaru muttered as he got up and stretched his sore limbs.

## Arena ##

"Senju Naruto of Konoha against Nara Shikamaru of Konoha. Both contestants ready?" B asked and both nodded.

"Begin"

Before Naruto could even crouch or take a step forward, Shikamaru made a timeout sign with his arms. "What?" Naruto asked confused.

"Can I have the first move?" Shikamaru asked.

"What?...uhm...I guess" Naruto replied, not understanding what Shikamaru wanted.

"Hypothetically" Shikamaru started and Naruto raised an eyebrow. "If I were to use your patented Oiroke no Jutsu (Sexy Jutsu) Hinata version you wouldn't faint right?" Shikamaru asked.

"....No?" Naruto answered skeptically, with clear doubt in his voice.

"Oh well, I guess I give up then" Shikamaru said and Naruto blinked. He turned towards B who also blinked.

"You ain't surrendering fool" B said.

"I am and I just did" Shikamaru said as he walked out of the arena.

"Well...I guess you win" B muttered beneath his breath. "Winner: Senju Naruto of Konoha"

## With Crowd ##

"Same old Shika-kun" Hinata said shaking her head in amusement. "He pulled the same stunt at the chunnin exams" Hinata said as she watched most of the crowd face palm at Shikamaru's actions.

"And I'm back" Shikamaru said as he walked in. "I told you I would be done with him under a minute"

Faith right?" Hinata asked and Shikamaru nodded. He sat in the same spot and immediately closed his eyes, wishing for some much needed sleep.