Chapter 34: 34 - Sound Four

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO, HINATA DOES.

When I said that I felt bad by killing Sakura I meant exactly that. Like some of you said, I made her sympathetic because you can't just kill a random person for those eyes. You need an emotional connection to activate them. And also I wanted to prove that sometimes shit happens and everything isn't a fairy tale. Do you think I liked Neji dying? Damn Kishi...at least it lead to a nice NaruHina moment but I digress. Besides I did say dark/evil Sasuke in the summary and he hadn't done anything out of the ordinary except bicthing about Naruto.

################################################## ##########

Legacy Part 1

Sasuke Retrieval Arc

Chapter 34 - Sound Four

################################################## ##########

## Middle of Fire Country ##

The Sound Four were dashing through the fire country at top speed carrying a very large barrel. Sasuke was trapped inside the barrel as he was advancing his curse seal to the next level. Pushing the curse seal into progressing to level two puts a lot of strain into the user's body, so Sasuke was inside the barrel which slows down the seal progression. By slowing it down, it allows the seal to advance safely.

"We are being tracked by a team of five Konoha shinobi" Kidomaru said as a small spider stood calmly in his hand as if talking to him.

"Can we outrun them?" Jirobo asked

"No. We are carrying the barrel and they are gaining on us. I estimate one hour until they catch up" Kidomaru explained.

"Why don't we just stop and kill the bastards" Tayuya yelled but Kidomaru shook his head.

"We stand no chance. Among them is Senju Naruto, the Konoha no Raijin (Konoha's Thunder God), an S-rank shinobi. He's the blonde brat from the invasion, the one who broke into the barrier and crippled Orochimaru-sama. And then there is Hyuuga Hinata, the Shi no Megami (Death Goddess), an A-rank shinobi" Kidomaru stated as they all cursed their luck. They might be strong, but even they weren't a match for Orochimaru, much less one who can go toe to toe against him and come out the winner. And to top it all off there is an elite jounin among them.

"Just great" Tayuya sarcastically said "How the fuck do you even know all that?" Tayuya asked.

"If you read the bingo book you would know" Kidomaru stated "After all we placed them there"

"So what do we now shithead?" Tayuya asked.

"Language Tayuya" Sakon said shaking his head.

"They are going to catch up to us...we need backup if we are going to complete our mission. I'm sending word to Orochimaru-sama" Kidomaru said and sent one of his spiders who sank underground. "In the mean time setup traps to slow them down" Kidomaru said and they all nodded. If Sasuke would just awake from his coma they could easily outrun them but carrying the heavy barrel was slowing them down.

## Few Hours Earlier - Konoha - 5 A.M. ##

It was a bright new day in Konoha and, be the warm feeling already radiating in the air, it was going to be another beautiful day. The sun was coming up shining upon Konoha, the wind was rustling, birds were chirping and we already could see a few people walking around the streets. It was the beginning of a fresh new day in the leaf village.

Ever since the Uchiha Clan massacre the patrols of Konoha fell to the ANBU jurisdiction. The usual set up for an patrol team was a Inuzuka and Hyuuga for tracking and usually there would be a member from the Nara Clan and, to top it all off, a powerhouse in ninjutsu. This set up allowed for the team to track and detect any problems and, if need be, restrain or kill the enemy.