Chapter 55: 55 - Just My Luck

############################################################

Legacy Part 2

Jounin Exams Arc

Chapter 55 - Just My Luck

############################################################

"Why do these things always happen to us?" Naruto wondered out loud. He released a long sigh as he looked at the dark sky. It was full moon and its light shone across the vast forest. The leaves rustled with the night's cold air and Naruto sighed again. He looked towards Hinata who also seemed to be deep in thought, looking at Sai as if to solve a puzzle.

Naruto shifted his eyes towards the last member of his team, one root shinobi by the name of Sai. Sai was the reason of Naruto's troubles as he was currently on his knees on the ground. His pupils were dilated and his face neutral. He seemed to be staring into nothingness. "What am I going to do with you?" Naruto asked rhetorically, nursing his temples and shaking his head.

## Earlier that Day ##

"Naruto-kun" Hinata said in a low voice, trying to hide her blushing face. "Everyone is staring" She said lowering her head and avoiding gazing upon the crowd. She hid her face between her long hair as she looked subtlety around.

Naruto just chuckled and held her tightly by her thighs. Hinata was currently sitting on Naruto's shoulders as they made their way towards the second stage of the exams. The sight of two very strong and popular shinobi walking around a different village was enough to bring attention to them, but their current position only increased it.

"They are just jealous Hinata-chan" Naruto replied, tilting his head up to look at Hinata's red face and chuckled.

Hinata glared at him, well, as much as she can glare in the end. "It's not funny" Hinata pouted, seeing that her fierce glare got her nowhere. "You know that I, unlike you, don't like being the center of attention, much less with foreign people" Hinata mumbled.

"I don't like being the center of attention" Naruto replied.

"Please" Hinata snorted playfully "You and me both know that you enjoy the spotlight"

"Maybe a little" Naruto said and Hinata smiled but got thinking.

"Although" Hinata started in a suspicious voice, narrowing her eyes. "You have been unusually affectionate today. Not that I'm complaining but what brought this on?" Hinata asked curious.

"Nothing in particular" Naruto replied shrugging his shoulders. "Just a talk I had with Kurama earlier today..."

(FLASHBACK)

Everything was quiet in the room. The sun was beginning to rise in the horizon and the darkness in the room started dissipating with the sun shining through the windows. Naruto stirred as the room became brighter and groggily opened his eyes. He shifted in the bed until his eyes landed on Hinata's sleeping form.

Naruto smiled at her peaceful face and slowly turned so that he could observe her more comfortably. He brought his hand to her cheek and brushed her hair away. "She's so pretty" Naruto thought to himself, gently running his fingers over her rosy cheek.

Hinata seemed to feel his touch and leaned in for closer contact. Naruto smiled at her actions even though she was still asleep. "Cherish every moment with her" Naruto heard and turned his attention to the end of the bed where Kurama was curled in a small ball, with all of his tails.

"I already do that" Naruto replied and Kurama opened a single eye. "But what makes you say that?" Naruto asked curious. Kurama had never given him much advice or even mingled much in his relationship with Hinata.