Chapter 29- The Boy Who is Misunderstood Pt.1

TJ's P.OV (Surprise!)

The four Knights returned from Paris two weeks ago and many stuff happened in that time. Everything except Arianne showing any signs of conciousness. Monica is always visiting Arianne, but I don't. Once I knew that one of the Ibarreta twins really are visiting the basement, I reported it to Wendy and interrogated her on my own. She's a tricky nut to crack.

"Hey, JD," I called as he turned to me, "Think fast."

I tossed him a mango flavored Big Sip and he caught it. We both sat on a unoccupied table in the Cafeteria and poke a straw into my own Big Sip of the same flavor.

"Wow. Kahit sobrang yaman mo, ito ang iniinom mo?" he said, laughing as I glared at him. I rarely cuss in tagalog and this guy gets all the previledge.

"P*ta, JD. We've already discussed this," I growled and finished mine already, throwing ut at him and he caught it with his hands.

"Yeah yeah. Gusto mo ang ibang cheap na bagay," I glared again and he laughed. Tch, this guy's a living irritation.

"Anyway, you're coming with me today. We'll be visiting Wendy," when I said that, his annoying face just smiled. Urgh, their lovelife is blooming this season. It's so annoying.

"Oh sige ba. Pero anong gagawin natin dun?" he asked and I took out my phone and waved it in front of him.

"It's a secret for now," I said and he gave me a look before shrugging it off.

After a few mibutes or so, we went back to our classroom to start our fourth period in class this morning. I sat on my usual desk and wait for the teacher to come.

But in those minutes, I was called to report to the principal's office. I sighed in frustration and stood up.

"Ala? Anong ginawa mo, TJ?" My classmates jokingly said and I rolled my eyes and went to them and giving them each fifty pesos.

"Tch, I told them so stop making me go there. I'm losing in the bet rapidly," I said and the four of them laughed. So in total, I lost two hundred pesos just because of a stupid bet we made.

"Sige alis na. Wag ka nang bumalik!" One of them said and I glared at them, vut they didn't mind. Maybe being classmates for three years, they got use to me now.

I left and went to the principal's office. Being a son of the owner is sometimes a drag. I always get to do errands for Papa ang I need to go to the principal's office to do it.

I went to the building's second floor and to the west wing where the principal's office is located. Once there, I knocked three times before someone opened it seeing it was the assistaant principal, Mrs Felices.

"Pumasok na ka. Your father is waiting inside," she said and I stepped inside. But before continuing, I turned to Mrs Felices and raised an eyebrow.

"Papa? What's he doing here?" I asked and she stared at me straight into the eyes, but looked away immediately. She's the assistant principal, she could've looked at me straight on, but instead looked away. Am I really that...intimidating?

"I don't know, Mr dela Torre," she said in a weak voice. I clicked my tongue and went to where the main office is and didn't bothered to knock since I know the principal wouldn't be here since Papa is here.

When I opened the door, there he is, in his black suit and tie. His balding head hiding under a black fedora and stood in front of the bright window like he owned the place which he does.

"What help can I get you, Papa?" I asked and he turned to me and smiled. He is not like those stereotypical rich dads in the movie that neglects his children, gives them a cold shoulder and always wears a strict expression wherever he may go. Papa is not like that.

He's hands-on towards me and Monica, always there for us and actually a big joker. But maybe also because of his status in life, many are intimidated by him. Like how they are to me.

"Maganda ang pinakikita mong performance lately, Trist," he said and waked over to me with a smile, "Top notcher in school at isang mahusay na detective ng Knights."

"I am doing what I can. And as for Monica. I'm sure she is too," I said and he gave me a pat on the shoulder.

"I know the two of you are doing a great job," he said in a philipized way of English, but I didn't mind. Our family has a great sense of Nationalism and Papa has the greatest one among of us. Even his grammar isn't fluent.

"Pero napapansin ko din na parang may tinatago ka lately," he said, eyeing me slightly, but I tried hard to look straight at him.

"Papa, I--"

"Tristan, Ijo. What are you so afraid of?" He asked and I can't take it anymore. The intimidating aura that all his employees feel got to me that I understood why they are always fidgetting whenever he is around. Behind that casual and jolly demeanor lies the intimidating aura that all dela Torre possesses.

When I looked at him in the eyes, I suddenly felt my knees become jelly and I suddenly looked away like an ashamed child who broke something inside the house.

"Nalaman ko nalang kahapon ang tungkol sa nangyari dun sa mansyon ng mga Xeriano and I was intrigued about you lately. Kilala ko kayo ng kakambal mo and I know you are two polar poles na napakalayo ang pag-uugali sa isa't-isa pero ang utak niyo ay iisa. Pero di tulad ni Monic, ikaw ay emotionally strong at di mo maiiwasang may itago ka sakin na gusto mong ikaw lang ang maka-aalam," he read me like an open book. His deducing skill is far more advance than me so no doubt that he will find out eventually that I am hiding something.

"Yes, you're right. I cannot hide anything from you, as expected from the former member of the Five Knights," I said and finally looked at him again. This time, straight on. Since I will be doing it later, why not do it now?

"Papa, ever since you told me and Monica about the Five Knights, I was determined to be your successor as the dela Torre Knight. I worked hard to be of use of the incoming Knights and be prepared for whatever might come. But, I was heartbroken and shattered when you and the Phoenix chose Monica instead of me, who is the first-born."

"I was so frustrated that she was to be the next Knight instead of me, but I never hated my sister. I was just deeply offended. Since then, I worked hard to help her in becoming a great detective everyone and I know she is and help in the other cases our secret organization cover," I said and gritted my teeth before smirking.

"And I found a clue from the findings of Monica, Carlo, Gab, Arianne and Wendy. A great piece of the puzzle the WK had made us do for over the centuries," I confidently reported and stood straigjt with pride. I can see the interest and curiosity in my father's face as I say this little speech of mine and that only makes me want to spill it all out.

"Papa, I may have found where WK's body lies and there might be a possibility that he is subconciously alive for the past years," I said and Papa's eyes widened and smiled, "My request is, let me leave Luciano and go that place to personally investigate. I may be of help to the Knights as I've dreamt."

He first gave me a smile of appreciation before patting my shoulder again then ruffling my hair like how he do when I was a young boy.

"Hindi ka man naging Knight pero naging magaling kang detective, anak. At proud na proud ako sayo, anak," he said that warms my heart. I nodded and took a deep breath, waiting for his answer, "Pero bago kita payagan sa request mo, magpaalam ka muna sa mismong Knights."

I nodded as he walked pass me to the door.

"Yes, Papa," I said and turned to him.

"Sige na. Huli ka na sa klase mo," he opened the door for me and I gave him asmall smile before leaving the room, back to our classroom where class isalready starting