Chapter 55: 55 - Just My Luck

Start from the beginning

"Just a piece of advice" Kurama said yawning and displaying his teeth. "You have no idea what it's like facing eternity alone" Kurama said and Naruto raised an eyebrow at the bitterness in his voice.

"You have eight siblings" Naruto said confused by the topic.

"You know nothing Naruto" Kurama snorted.

"I know everything about your story" Naruto began and Kurama's eye twitched at his naivety. "I know that Hagoromo created you and your siblings from the Juubi..." Naruto would have kept talking if it wasn't from Kurama's roar.

"Shhhs...keep it down" Naruto whispered as he looked towards Hinata who remained sleeping.

"How long ago do you think all of this happened?" Kurama asked.

"A couple centuries?" Naruto wondered and Kurama chuckled at his answer.

"It has been almost nineteen thousand years since I was born" Kurama replied and Naruto was surprised. There had been ninja for while apparently. "Sure it was fun when we were all together growing up. The first few centuries I was actually happy when we were all together. But then YOU came" Kurama retorted angrily, raising in the bed with all of his tails.

"You shinobi and your endless lust for power" Kurama barked and Naruto was surprised by the amount of hate coming from his voice. "You drove us apart, forced us to split so that we weren't caught and enslaved like we are now. You forced each one of us to take their own path and to survive in loneliness for fear of our own survival"

"You have no idea what's like living for millenniums all alone. Walking this earth without nothing to look for, always on watch for your people. You never knew how many times I thought about death knowing very well that I would never get it" Kurama sighed and lied back down. "I don't know why that snake seeks it so vehemently, eternity is nothing but a curse in the end. You will eventually tire just like I did, but I for one will never die or perish. I will linger and live on even after your kind disappears from this earth" Kurama said and Naruto never thought about things like this.

"Well...you got me" Naruto said grinning while Kurama just shook his head.

"I'm old Naruto, very old" Kurama began "As I told you, I am around nineteen thousand years old. I watched times of peace and prosperity, and times of war. I watched as kingdoms fell and new ones rose to take their place. I watched as man ventured himself across the ocean, deep into the mountains and high into the sky."

"But above all, I watched as humans began nurturing their energies and began using them. It took time for my father's teachings to spread across the globe. I watched as humanity lived peacefully with the help of chakra but then they realized its full potential. The potential for war."

"Mankind was created with a hole in their hearts. A hole that no possession, power, or knowledge could fill. And in their infinite greed, man dreamed of expanding his dominion over the entire earth. That is how the first chakra wars began that led into the clan wars finally culminating into what we know today"

"You said I had you" Kurama chuckled bitterly. "You will perish to time while I will live on. I'll endure the fall of man and the rise of the next species. I will linger on in darkness and in doubt as nightfall in winter that comes without a star. I will dwell, bound to loneliness under the fading trees until all the world is changed and its long years of life are utterly spent. Maybe then...I can rest in peace" Kurama finished and Naruto was simply staring at him.