Chapter 52: 52 - A Fated Meeting

Start from the beginning

"Neither of those fours will be easy to take. The Raikage will be a problem and the Kyuubi brat has grown strong" Tobi said sighing.

"We already have the Kyuubi's chakra from that fire temple kid Sora sealed in the statue" Pein neutrally said but Tobi chuckled.

"And you think Naruto will just stand by and watch us take the other bijuu. For reasons I don't understand, he made it his personal mission to stop us. You heard what he said at the meeting, he's going to hunt us down" Tobi chuckled but Pein remained unchanged.

"No one will stop my quest. Anyone that becomes an obstacle will simply be removed with extreme prejudice" Pein replied in his monotone voice until his Rinnegan began glowing as he focused on Tobi. "Even you Tobi. I know that you are not Uchiha Madara like you claimed and, frankly, I don't care as long you stay out of my way" Pein said and Tobi chuckled.

"You forget your place Nagato" Tobi warned. "I was the one that taught how to properly control the Rinnegan. You should be more respectful to your betters" Tobi said with his sharingan glowing a menacing red.

"It doesn't matter since our interest are aligned" Tobi replied not wishing to push Pein to far from his control. "For now" Tobi added in thought as he could always kill him should it be necessary and take the Rinnegan for himself.

"How are you planning on getting the remaining fours bijuus?" Pein asked curious about Tobi's plans.

"I-" Tobi began but was interrupted when he felt Zetsu approaching. "Strange" Tobi thought as he hadn't requested anything of Zetsu as of late. "What is it?" Tobi asked annoyed since as he was interrupted.

"I should tell you that Sasuke is dead" Zetsu replied and Tobi's eyes widened.

"WHAT" Tobi yelled in outrage. "What happened?" Tobi asked completely bewildered. He couldn't phantom how could Sasuke had died. "EXPLAIN NOW" Tobi yelled glaring at Zetsu who seemed to remain calm and unaffected.

"He died in his battle with Itachi" Zetsu simply replied and Tobi's jaw dropped.

"Take it from the beginning" Tobi ordered as he calmed himself down.

"I cannot explain any further" Zetsu said and Tobi raised an eyebrow.

"And why not?" Tobi asked irritated.

"Because Naruto-sama ordered me not to" Zetsu replied and Tobi scowled. The blonde had yet again interfered with his plans.

"Looks like things are coming to bite you on the ass" Pein said as he bit back a chuckle. The whole persona of Tobi being Madara had begun crumbling down the moment Naruto revealed his grandfather back in the chunnin exams, three years ago.

"Tsk" Tobi sighed in annoyance. "That blonde brat is always where he shouldn't be. Where is Itachi now?" Tobi asked wanting to get some answer from him.

"He returned to Konoha" Zetsu replied and Tobi sat down as he began to nurse his temples.

"This isn't going well" Tobi sighed. He had everything planned out until Naruto started making a mess of everything. Even now, almost seventeen years of planning to get Sasuke just washed away with him getting killed.

"I could bring him back if you wish" Pein offered and Tobi sat up at the realization that Nagato could bring him back, although at the cost of becoming even more fragile.

"Where is Sasuke's body?" Tobi asked towards the white plant on the ground.

"Reduced to ashes" Zetsu simply replied.

"I guess it can't be helped" Tobi said as he walked into the balcony and overlooked the city. "He in the end he was just another pawn" Tobi thought to himself.