New Day

I wake up and my mind is clear.  I am ready to start a new day.  But I still wonder what happened to me and why strange things happened to me?  I have no answers and do not know how to get any.

The phone rings but I won't answer because I am driving.  As I get to work and park my car.  People are staring at me and I do not know why.  I hurry into my office and start looking at some papers and mail.  I put them on my desk and when I turn around they are gone.  I look around and do not see them any where.  Yet no one is in here with me.

I type a letter but it looks like blood.  I am getting scared and worried.  Someone is trying to set me up for something or trying to drive me crazy.  I wonder who it is?  I have to find out.  I decide to talk to my boss but when I get to the door,  it is open.  I go in and call his name.  But I do not get a answer.  I go around the desk and he is on the floor in a pool of blood.  I rush to the door and call for help.

Another worker comes in and asks what is wrong.  I show him and he calls someone and before I know it, the Police come in and arrest me.  They take me down and book me.  Every time I go to ask them anything,  they tell me to shut up.  They will not let me say anything.  I ask for my call and they say I can not make a call.  That they have questions for me.  Yet they have not asked me any.  

They act like they know what happened!  How could they?  By now I am getting angry but there is nothing I can do.  So I sit down and kept quiet.  When two came in and asked questions I kept my mouth shut.  I wrote on a paper I will not answer until I see and talk to a lawyer.  They were mad at me and one hit me with his night stick.  He hit me hard enough that my head was bleeding.  I could only see shadows. 

Then one came in and said my wife called but he told her I could not have calls.  He said she hung up and did not say anything.  I knew my wife was up to something.  She would find out what happened one way or another.  She knows people think I am a mean guy but I have changed.  She changed me by trusting me and loving me.  I will never be a mean guy again!

For the rest of my life I will be the right guy for her.  She deserves it.  I am eating when they finally walk out of my cell.  When all at once I hear screaming and it is my wife.  I do not know what is going on but the screaming keeps on going.  Finally they let her in to see me and when they do I know something bad happened.  Her dress was torn and her makeup was messed up.  She could barely talk and blood was running from her mouth.  

She told me two Police had took turns raping her and beating her.  That I would never look at her again.  She knew that was a lie.  I took her in my arms and they pulled her from me.  She whispered I will see you as soon as I can.  I let her go but I was scared for her.  I did not know if they would hurt her again or kill her.  They wanted to hurt me in any way they could.

"  If you like this chapter,  Please consider giving it a vote.