A slice of heaven

We lay down on the bed and he pulls me in. I love cuddling him.

"I don't know how you have handled him."

"It's hard."

"He's virtually intolerable. Just an absolute ass-hat."

"Yeah basically."

"Oh my god and every time he touched you I had to try so hard not to punch him."

"Now do you see why I wanted you to come back?"

"Yes. We did make it back though. We made it."

"We did." We don't talk much and we both fall asleep. It's the best sleep I've had in years.

I wake up to a big smile and a kiss from Scott.

"How did you sleep?"

"I slept amazing. I've missed this. Cuddling with you with out the risk of being killed." He laughs quietly.

"Did you sleep Scott?"

"A little bit. These pants aren't that comfortable."

"I would offer to take them off, but I don't have any to replace them with. That is if I could find the will to put pants back on you."

"They don't have to go back on." My hand goes to his abs for support as I kiss him. It's over too soon but we both have to breathe.

"Want to go shopping?"

"I don't have any money James."

"So? Want to go shopping?"

"I'm not going to make you pay for me." I look at him with the a face that has no name.

"That's stupid. You can't be like this. Not after everything." He hangs his head.

"I'm supposed to take care of you."

"And you have?!?! I would have died so many times with out you. Just let me do this. I'm not poor. It's not that big of a deal."

"James.."

"No stop. What ever you are going to say is probably really dumb. I love you and I want to do this for you. Let's go. Plus I wouldn't mind a visit to the hospital."

"What ever you say." We get up and into my car. He looks a little uneasy in the front seat.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing it's just kind of weird."

Everything we see is cool to him. He's been gone so long that almost everything is new. The amazement is kind of cute.

We make it to the hospital and just go to the instacare. "Are you nervous?"

"No. My Scott kept me safe. It was only when I was alone that I got hurt."

"I'm sorry for leaving you alone."  Ugh I'm so sick of his apologies right now.

"Let's just agree to stop apologizing to each other. I think we're both tired of it."

"You're right."  After a really short wait we make our way back into the X-ray room. Scott just smiles at me for the other side of the glass as they take an X-ray of my shoulder.

"Alright so good news it's not broken but you did do some bruising and some deep tissue damage so well give you some pain killers but you'll be fine." The doctor finishes and me and Scott breathe much easier.

We get back into the car and head towards the mall.

"I hope the okay with taking care of my shoulder. I'm going to need extra care and attention." I say trying to be as hot as possible.

"Your wish is my command."

We go into American eagle and he laughs at some of the clothes. There's a shirt that has more holes than fabric that he holds up.

"I could have made this."

"It would be cute though. Seeing your skin again."

"You don't need a shirt for that." He says putting it back. We go through and pick out some jeans and a couple of cute v necks and a button up then head out for food.

"Want to get ice cream?"

"Our place?"

"Mhm." I nod my head. There is this cute little dessert shop that we would go to as kids when our parents would take us.

"Why do you always get the same one Scott?"

"Because I like vanilla. I'm okay with one flavor forever."

"But there are so many good ones!"

"Yeah maybe. But I like mine. Mine is the best and I love it."

"Boring." We sit on the chairs with my dad. I remember how my feet almost touch the floor but not quite. I loved kicking my legs under the table but I got too tall before I appreciated it.

"Vanilla please." He says to the teenager behind the counter.

"Are you always going to get vanilla?"

"I like it."

"Are you going to get some crazy flavor like you used to?"

"No because I know what I like. It may not be the fanciest but because of the simplicity and how long I have known it I have realized I have loved it from the beginning." He looks at me very moved. That was cute. Good job me.

"Chocolate please."

"I love you branch."

"I love you Tarzan."  We finish our ice cream and a few other meals (Tarzan was ravenous). We get home and I starfish on my stomach in the comfy bed. 

"Oh Jamie..." he calls sweetly from the bathroom.

"Don't call me that or I'll send you back to where you came from."

"Do you wanna come in the shower with me." He says in an interesting tone.

"I can't stand up. I'm too tired."

"I'll rescue you." He scoops me up into his arms and carries me to the bathroom. He already has his shirt off and I may have gotten a little less tired. He sets me down so I'm on the sink at perfect kissing level. I put my hands on his lower back and my pinkies expect some fabric but they don't reach any. Pleasant surprise. I love this man. And I loved that shower.

He wears his cute little shorts to bed and it's kind of funny to see him adjust to normal clothes again.

"How does it feel to be back?"

"It's kind of weird. When we first pulled up looking at my house is weird. I definitely will take some time to get used to. I already like it though. I have bittersweet memories of that house."

"Well at least your fathers gone."

"Yeah that's a huge relief."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah."

"How did you come about? Like genetically."

"I don't really know. I assume they didn't tell me about it so I couldn't use it against them. I think I'm genetically my parents but I was altered before I was born. I think other than my muscle and bone strength I'm normal."

"Well I can tell you that some of you is not normal. It's magic. I have never been so sore and happy."

"You're sore?! I'm so sorry!!!"

"No. The good sore. The I love you sore." He relaxes back into the bed.

"Ok good. I have to hold back so I don't hurt you."

"My big man is so sweet." I say kissing him. "It feels like everything is finally settling into place. Like nothing could go wrong. "

"I think you're right. But don't jinx it." He says with a quiet sigh and I can tell he doesn't want to think anymore.

"We should sleep now."

"Goodnight Branch."

"Goodnight Tarzan."