Some feelings dont fade

You're a heavy sleeper." He says as I walk down towards the fire.

"What do you mean?" I say as I rub my eyes.

"The first night you got up but last night you didn't get up even once."

"How do you know I got up?"

"Things hunt in the night here. You have to wake up a couple of times. Plus I'm a light sleeper."

I feel my face heat up. He knows I got into bed with him.

"Why are you embarrassed?"

"I'm not embarrassed." I say as level headed as possible.

"It's okay James branch." He says with a smug smile.

"My name is James Branco!" He laughs and I scowl at him. People used to make fun of me when I was younger and call me branch and I hate it. I assume it was because of my obsession with trees. I used to not mind it when Scott would call me it to make fun of those other kids but it sting coming from anybody else. Especially Tarzan. I shoot him an angry look and I walk off. I don't even want to deal with this. I head off to the water fall.

I haven't thought this much about Scott in so long

I haven't thought this much about Scott in so long. I don't know how I feel. Why is something like this making me think more than I have in years combined?

I sit on one of the rocks next to the water fall and watch the water. I feel something touch my shoulder and I jump. "I didn't mean to make you upset."

"How are you so quiet?!"

"I live here. I need to be quiet to survive."
He sits down next to me and sighs.
"I'm sorry." He says nicely. "Why does that make you so upset?"

"Because it reminds me of someone and I don't want to remember them right now." I'm sure he knows I'm talking about scott.

"How come?"

"It makes me sad."

"Was that person mean to you?" I look over and see the concern in his eyes and I feel like he's the one that needs the hug.

"No. He was the only person I ever felt a real connection with. It wasn't ever romantic or anything like that we were just friends. But I loved him."

"What happened?"

I'm never leaving this island. There's no point in trying to hide anything.

"He went missing. No one knew what happened to him. I went over to his house to play and his mom brought me in and told me that they didn't know where he went. I didn't really understand what they meant so I kept going over to find him. I looked every where. Every time his mom would see me I could see her heart break a little bit more. The part that still confuses me the most is his dad. He didn't seem that sad. He seemed more angry. I guess it makes sense because he seemed angry most of the time but I never understood any of this."