Comfort is complacency

That night I have to sleep with out any sort of clothes and it is by far the most uncomfortable I have been. I've never slept with anyone let alone been naked infront of any of them. I've tried to have boyfriends (and a girlfriend) but I've never gotten far enough to ever get past kissing.

Tarzan rolls over and puts his hand on my hip. I tense up and look back at him and he is clearly asleep. I move his hand back to him but just a few minutes later its back on me. Who would have thought that a jungle man whose lived alone for who knows how long would like to cuddle?

I woke up and he wasn't even there. Thank goodness. I do have to admit he was right. I am so itchy right where I was holding that leaf that I think I might rip my skin off. I look down the stairs and there's Tarzan with the leopards skin. "Get down here kid. It's almost done. I'll show you how to tie it."

I cautiously climb down covering myself but trying to to draw attention to my discomfort.

"I was right wasnt I?" He says smugly.

"No. I'm fine. Just show me how to put this on." He rolls his eyes.

"Just don't scratch and spread it or make it go deeper. You'll sweat it out in a little bit."
Ok will you show me how to do this?" I say wanting to get this on as fast as possible.

"Yes." He explains no matter how I try it's not working.

This was extra awkward because I couldn't do it so he undid his to show me. No matter how hard I tried to not look I couldn't stop my curiosity. This is bad. He's cute. I can feel my self starting to like him.

I can't believe how much he reminds me of Scott. I mean Scott was more quiet and never had long hair but other than that they seem very similar. I haven't felt this level of comfort with anybody other than Scott. I sort of feel like I'm replacing Scott. I'm not, I love him and I always will feel guilty. Tarzan is so handsome. He is built so strong but he has soft, caring eyes. He has huge calloused hands but they were gentle when he put them on me. I hope this isn't just Stockholm syndrome.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" His voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Like what? I'm not doing anything."

"Oh what ever. You're staring at me with tiny hearts in your eyes. Did you see something you can't unsee?" He smirks.

"If I wasn't worried about being killed by another freaking leopard I would run off and never come back."

"Nah you'd miss me too much."

I can't stand him. I get up to walk away but he grabs my wrist.

"Don't just leave. Just stay. I'm sorry. I forget how sensitive you are. Im not used to people." I sit back down by him. He puts his arm around me and I lean into him.

"I'll be nicer okay?"

"Okay." He holds me tightly with his strong arms for a little bit then says, "lets go play with Okja ok?" I nod and we go off to find him. We find okja playing with some bush pigs. We begin to talk as he throws a giant rock and okja retrieves it.

"Tarzan, if you could go back to you're life before would you?"

"That's a hard question. If I could go back to being that young and to be with my friend again? I would do anything. But to go back now after being out here for so long? No."