Im still James?

I was able to fall asleep but wake I up the the horror of bugs crawling all over me. Thankfully I successfully keep my self from screaming but I do have a problem. I shake my arms and flick all of them off me but this is only the beginning. I'm freezing and the only warm place is next to him. I stand up and look outside. I can't see anything. It's all pitch black but I can see so many stars. I've never been away from light pollution so it's kind of scary how dark it can get. I look back at Tarzan and see him laying there in a position that looks very uncomfortable. I have so many questions about him. How did he get here first of all, why doesn't he want to go back? What has he been doing all of this time? Am I the first one who has washed up here? For am I know he could be like a murder but judging by how he only approaches me while I'm asleep and that he could have killed me by now I think I'm safe at least for a little while as long as I don't annoy him.

Being in this jungle sort of makes me think of some of the stories my mom used to tell me about my biological dad. That was until she met my real dad. She would tell me all of these cool stories of why my dad wasn't at home. A few included the jungle. I believed her until I was about 12 too until I realized that he actually was just a dead beat and wanted nothing to do with us when she got pregnant. It sucked not having a dad. At least I had a really good father though. But as of now none of that matters because I'm the freaking jungle with somebody who has been here for who knows how long.

How long has he been here? He seems to know the Island pretty well and he's had time to build this. I wonder how old he is. I'm almost certain that there's no way he knows. I still want to ask him and find out as much as I can. It's freezing though and I know there's really only one way to get warm. I walk over to the bed and look at him debating if I should get under the blanket with him.

It's too cold not to. I lift it up and slide under next to him. The beds too small not to be touching him but I just hope he doesn't wake up. I will wake up just before the sun and move so he doesn't know. It should be warmer by then and it will keep it from being more awkward than it already is. I exhale and he puts his arm and his leg over me.  I glance back and I can tell he's dead asleep but if I moved him he's probably wake up.  It's worth the risk. I grab his hand and start to lift it but he groans and squeezes me tighter. I'm very uncomfortable but I don't want him to wake up.

He's breathing slowly, softly and quietly. I find it comforting and unsettling. I want to just sleep but I can't stop thinking. How much of what he's told me is lies? I haven't lied really, just not been completely honest. That sucks that no one from the boat has looked here. Maybe they have and Tarzan is lying or really doesn't know that much about this island as he says. I really hope he's not some psychopath. I wonder why he doesn't want to go home. This is all so crazy. I wish Scott was here to rescue me. He would keep me safe from all of these animals and protect me no matter what. He would take me home. Wrap himself around me while I sleep. Keep me warm and safe. I close my eyes and try hard to sleep.

"Come on branch." He opens his arms up so I'll come cuddle with him.

"I don't want you to fall."

"Scott I'm fine. I won't fall. I'm 8 now." He looks at me very cautiously as I make my way up a limb.

"Scott come look. It looks so cool." He stands up and comes to meet me on the new branch. I let go to point at how our houses look but I lose my balance.

"You need to be careful." He says as he steadies me.

"Sorry."

"It's okay. I just want you to be safe."

My eyes open suddenly as the memory gets refilled in my brain. I just need to get home. I don't want to think about this anymore.

After staring into the complete darkness for what seems like an hour, I finally fall asleep.