Short and sweet

"Scott was my best friend and the only person I ever loved. We were really only friends with each other and so we spent all of our time together. I always loved him and he was sort of my savior. He wasn't like the other boys." I pause and think of the good times.

"He used to kiss all of my scrapes better. I used to fall a lot when we would climb trees so I got plenty." I smile remembering the sensation on my cheeks mainly. "There were so many things that I loved but I never appreciated until it was too late." This sucks.

"But I was only 12 and he went missing."

"Did you ever find another boyfriend?"

"No he was t really my boyfriend per se but I never felt the same way about some one else. I still visit the tree in one of our favorite parks hoping he'll show up one day but I know that probably won't ever happen." I look down at my hands and take a deep breath.

"Your turn."

"Alright well me and my mom were going out on our boat and we fell asleep. Then we drifted off into the ocean and we hit a storm and ended up here. We lived here and built this stuff." I look around and think about all of the things I've seen. There's some pretty complicated stuff here.

"How did you guys make this stuff?"

"She was very intelligent."

"What happened?" He just shakes his head no and I understand. I can only imagine what happened to Scott but he has an actual image of his mother.

"Lets go and eat what I just caught." I agree and we climb back down.

We eat and then went to bed. I have only known him for a day and a half but I feel way more comfortable with him then almost anybody. I don't mind him putting his arm around me anymore. I feel somewhat safe. We fall asleep.