Chapter 24; The girl's lies

Start from the beginning

"I won't investigate about the missing boys, only focus on making sure the boys in school will get more used to girls studying in our school,"

"-Rhi,"

"-And I'll make sure there wouldn't be as much fights at school,"

"-Rhi,"

"-And don't worry, I'll even go to that idiot principal from that all-girl school and make sure she won't-" "Rhiannon!" I jumped in my seat, quieting down to meet my uncle's gaze.

He sighed again, shaking his head like I did a second ago. "Don't you understand? It's not about Woodblock, or any school for that matter." I blinked in confusion, not understanding what he was trying to say. "It's about you, Rhi." He claimed.

For a second, I felt like I couldn't breath. Air was coming into my lungs, but it felt like it didn't help.

"W-what do you mean, it's about me?" I asked. I wanted him to be as clear as possible with what he was trying to say.

"Rhi, you've always been the type of a person to get into troubles. I mean, look at you, you've been in my school for around what, three months? And you've already gotten into so much trouble. What I'm trying to say is, maybe the whole school thing is not for you, Rhi." Another blow to my stomach. "What?" I asked, breathless.

"I was thinking about for a while. Telling your aunt to homeschool you." And that was like the final hit.

I lost the moment he mentioned homeschooling.

I gritted my teeth together, glaring at him through foggy eyes from tears. "I'm sorry, Rhi," He said when he saw my face. "but I would rather you would study at home instead of-" "Instead of what, ah?! Instead of meeting people, making friends? Little, stupid and reckless Rhi should just stay at home, she shouldn't go out because wherever she goes, she gets into troubles. Stupid Rhi who always gets hurt. But what if I want to get hurt, Uncle Bart?! What if I want to get into troubles?! I want to learn, why can't I?!" I yelled, and everyone around us looked in our direction.

"Don't call me anymore," I finally said, making my uncle jerk. "Rhi, it's for your own goo-" "No! I don't want to hear from you again." I said, turning around to leave.

"Rhiannon!" I heard him calling, but I was already running home, tears streaming down my face.

But what I didn't know, is that the wrong person heard everything.

And that the next day when I got back to school, everyone already knew who I really was.

Including the boys.

*

"I'm sorry." I said suddenly when I was sitting with my aunt, eating dinner with her.

It was so sudden she almost choked on her food. She blinked a few times, then gave me a suspicious look.

"What did you do now?" she asked me.

I was quiet for a while, looking down at my plate. What could I say? Hey, I've actually been lying to you all this time and was transferred to uncle Bart's all boys school instead of a private one like she must've thought?

She sighed, taking a hold of my hand.

"You're a good girl, you know," She stated, making me look at her. I raised a brow. A good girl? Me?

She rolled her eyes at me, "Yeah, you get into a lot of troubles no matter where you go, and sometimes you drive me insa-" I cleared my throat, making her stop and smile at me.

"But you're a good girl. I couldn't have asked for a better child to raise." I felt my throat tighten, but I held my tears in place.

I sighed, thinking about earlier today. "I went to meet uncle Bart, you know." I confessed, taking my hand out of hers to clasp it with my own.