Chapter Forty Three

Two Days Later- The Bachelor Live Talk Show

Jake POV: "Welcome to another live talk show segment with our bachelor and contestants!" Seated on stage with the girls; I plaster a fake smile on my face as Chad opens the show. "Are you ready America? Because the drama is hot tonight. We had everyone talking with the events of last night's episode, but let's just have a little recap." He points to the screen, and the clips begins to play. I watch as the cameras show the girls getting ready, the scenes at the ballroom, and Tessa and Kian's flirting through the night. I wince as they show Erika and I dancing; looking absolutely smitten with each other.

Erika POV: I look away as the clips of Jake and I play on the screen; it hurt to watch knowing how badly that night had ended. At the moment he was sitting on the opposite end of the stage, but I could still feel the tension between us. Things were bad with Anthony as well. In anger I had kissed him, and all he had done was stop me and tell to "get some rest". Afterward I had cried myself to sleep; basically everything was a disaster. "And now for the moment that had everyone talking," says Chad; snapping me out of my thoughts. Michelle appears on the screen, talking to the camera. "Kian and Tessa? Yeah, I guess I noticed them being quite friendly with each other." The video then cuts to footage of Kian and Tessa flirting, sneaking out, then suddenly making out against the wall. It then cuts back to Jake and I, and captures our raw reaction to what happened. "I was completely shocked," says Jake to the cameras. "It was numbing." I control my emotions as I see Tessa crying in my arms; the editing made the situation look even worse than it already was. "I'm so stupid," sobs Tessa to the camera. The screen then darkens. Chad clears his throat. "Tessa and Kian are being panned nation wide for their actions. The tessabrooksisoverparty hashtag trended last night, and Kian is losing followers." He turns toward us. "We've heard your words, now let's hear what the contestants have to say. Raise your hand if you believe Tessa was treated unfairly." I alone raise my hand. "Interesting. Erika, would you like to come up to the hot seat?" I nod, and walk up. "How are you today?" I manage a smile. "Not the best, but I'm powering through." "So Erika, I think everyone would agree you were an excellent friend in that situation. But do you really believe Tessa should still be on the show?" I pause to think. I was banned from saying anything about contracts, producers or cameras. "No, but I think Tessa was framed in a bad light." "Can I say something?" Chad and I turn to see Jake standing. "Of course," says Chad. Jake looks at me. "Erika, I don't think you're thinking clearly. I think your judgment is clouded because Tessa was your close friend. I cross my arms. "Oh, really?" I glare at him. "I'm not on her side just because I'm her best friend. It's because I know, and everyone on this stage knows how great of a girl Tessa is. I don't like that everyone hates her, and thinks that she's some slut. She's not like that." Jake takes a step in my direction. "There's no denying that Tessa is a good person, Erika. And we all make mistakes, I've made many mistakes in my life. But Tessa's mistake is really bad. Bad enough that she shouldn't be defended." I rise out of my seat. "So you won't say one word on her true character." "Why should I?" "Because everyone has the wrong idea of her." "She chose to make out with another guy. She chose to break the rules. This really isn't my problem." I was getting angry. "Not your problem?" I walk up to him. He blinks at me, his brown eyes clouded. "As the bachelor, you have a responsibility to protect the girls on this show." He shrugs. "And as a contestant, she had the responsibility of staying loyal." By now we're inches apart, and I'm suddenly overwhelmed by his presence. We were standing close, close enough for me to hear him slowly chew his gum, and to feel the heat of his breath hit my neck. He tugs at his collar; slightly loosening his tie. God I hated how much I wanted to kiss him. It had been so long since we'd kissed. Though I was so frustrated with him, though we were being watched by a live audience, though the rest of the girls and Chad surrounded us; I couldn't fight the feeling of wanting him. I see his eyes slowly shift to my lips, and he gulps as I subconsciously bit my lip. He felt the same way as I did. We silently stare at each other; anger and passion mixed as one, until it had been to long of a pause. "Alright then!" I look away as Chad interrupts us. "Jake and Erika, clearly both of you have passionate opinions on this." He turns to the camera. "Bachelor nation, are you team Jake or team Tessa? Tweet us and let us know what you think. We'll be back with the drama after a short break." I groan, and turn away from Jake to sit back in my chair.
This night was far from over.