Chapter Twenty Three

Two Weeks Later-
Erika POV: "Hey T, can you pass the popcorn?" Tessa nods and hands me the bowl. All of us girls were sitting around listening to Cecilia talk about her ice skating date with Jake. As she spoke, my mind wandered to thinking about the last two weeks. A lot had happened. I started to adjust to LA life (I now did yoga and had a favorite juice bar), made more friends and was improving my fashion/makeup skills. I was always busy with something; everything here was like a whirl wind of excitement and I couldn't get enough. I did miss my family now and then, but I barely thought of Anthony. Guess there was too much going on to spend time moping over him. The show took up most of my time. The cameras were always rolling, and we were always doing some group activity or event. By now, every girl had gone on at least one date with Jake, with a few even going on two. I hand't gone on any since the cooking date, but Jake and I secretly met up almost every night to talk about everything that was going on. We would talk about the show, our futures and life in general. Jake truly was a special guy; he was motivated yet still down to earth. He inspired me to want to do more with my life than just be a waitress. More so, he understood me in a way I felt no one else ever had, and at this point I considered him my best friend. I truly looked forward to our talk every night. I snapped out of my thoughts and continued listening to Cecilia. "Then he leaned in and he...brushed away an eyelash on my face." All the girls groan. "He's gone on so many dates yet he still hasn't kissed a girl? I can't believe I'm saying this...but he's kind of a prude," says Lucy. Everyone giggles. Then almost right on cue, Ashley burst through the door. Oh, Ashley. She was this Instagram model who was convinced she was the shit; always making snarky comments, and always tooting her own horn. She had just gotten back from her date with Jake. "Hi ladies," she says, her blood red lips curved into a smug smile. I squinted. Her lipstick was noticeably smudged. "Before you ask, yes I had a blast on my date." She flips up her dark hair to reveal a fresh hickey on her neck. "I'm sure I don't need to explain more."