Chapter Thirty Four

Erika POV: I huddle into my covers; still left breathless from the date. Jake was so sweet, so thoughtful and so supportive. I made the right choice in giving him a chance. He really did deserve it. I smile, and begin to drift off to sleep when I hear a familiar clink at the window. I look over to Tessa, who's sound asleep. I hear another clink, and another. Was Jake really trying to meet up again after our super long date? What a weirdo. I chuckle, and without bothering to open the window, I slip on my shoes and sneak out of the mansion. Walking across the lawn, I squint and make out a tall figure in the dark. I smile, and run closer. "Hi!" I exclaim as I close my eyes and throw my arms around him. He stays silent. "I said hi, Jake," I repeat as I shake his shoulders. "So you think I'm him?" My heart drops. I knew that voice. I knew it a little too well. I slowly open my eyes, and face the man who had held my heart for the last three years. "What are you doing here," I whisper. "I needed to see you. I needed to be with you. I needed you." He steps closer. "It kills me to see you with blondie. He doesn't get to be like that with my girl." "Anthony, we broke up." "You're still my girl." I sigh. "I can't believe this. How did you get here?" "I got some money together to come to California, then I got hired as a gardener on the estate. I put the details together to find your room; and here we are." I blink in shock, unable to process what he was saying. Everything was so surreal. "It took a lot of work, but after I saw clips of you on the show, I knew I couldn't let you forget our love." I stay silent. While I was shocked, a part of me was happy. I had missed Anthony. "But you haven't forgotten at all have you? I know you're not actually falling for this guy." I look down. "He's not that bad." He smirks. "Sure he isn't. But you know what, forget him." He wraps one arm around my waist. "I drove all the way to California for you, babe." His eyes longingly searched mine; and I didn't know whether it was shock, affection or guilt-but there seemed to be only one logical thing to do. I leaned in and kissed him.