Chapter Eleven

Erika POV: "Ladies, this is your new home," says Jason the director as he points to a sprawling, gold toned building. I could hardly believe it. Here I was, a girl who lived in a tiny apartment with ten other people, getting the chance to live in a gigantic mansion. Not only that, but I was being provided everything I needed; all the food, clothes and services I could ever want were at my finger tips. "I've never seen anything like this," I whisper to Tessa. "Me either. We're so lucky!" she replies as she squeezes my hand. We all clamber in, and get settled in our rooms; Tessa and I chose to be roommates. "Okay ladies, time to leave for Jake's mansion," yells a voice from downstairs. Immediately, I began to feel nervous. I had let the shiny houses and expensive dresses distract me from the reality of my situation, but deep down I dreaded this whole thing. However, I had no choice; I had committed myself to whatever was going to happen. Soon I find myself sitting in the dining hall of the other mansion, surrounded by cameras as Chad  the host explained the procedures of meeting Jake. "So once at a time, all of the girls will get to have a one-on-one conversation with Jake; just a small way to get to know one another. Once everyone is done, Jake will eliminate three girls right off the bat, and the rest will be invited to a cocktail party with him and his friends. Jake will reward the girl who impressed him best with the first impression rose. That will save the girl from elimination for the next week. The rules are pretty clear, but there's one small twist." He pauses for dramatic effect, and turns to the camera. "They say love is blind. Well, we're about to see if that's really true. When all of the girls go to meet Jake, he will be blindfolded." Everyone gasps in surprise. "You mean I put on a fucking corset for no reason!" hisses a girl from a corner. Chad chuckles. "That's right, this means that he will have no idea what any of you look like. I hope none of you were just banking on your looks to get you through." I laugh. I honestly didn't care whether or not he saw me, but I guess it could have helped. Now I would really have to try and charm him.