Chapter 21

DEUCE

We rushed to da house, walkin' in, yellin' fa the girls.

"BLUE! MILLY! KELLY!"

We called they phones, but they aint answer.

"BIG BIRD!" Boon yelled.

We searched the house, until we found them in the bonus room knocked out. All of them niggas laid out sleep.

"I should beatch'll ass." I said lowly to myself.

"Oh wow. Big Bird wake yo fat ass up." Zel kicked his foot.

"Y u do dat man?" He yawned.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Blue asked, rubbin' ha eyes while she sat up.

"So yall won't gone help my sweet cheeks wrap up ha weave? Now, ha edges gone be lookin' burnt off." Boon sighed lookin' ova at Kelly, shakin' his head.

"Look we gotta hide out fa a while." I looked at Blue then at Zel and Boon. Everybody was now woke, and payin' attention.

"Where would we hide?" Kelly asked.

"Mema's house. Nobody will find us there." Milly suggested.

"But wouldn't we be putting her in danger too? What if they do find us there?" Blue sighed, and put ha hands over ha face.

"Come on Blue. Nobody's gonna mess with Mema, and you know it." Milly straight-faced ha.

"Well." Blue shrugged, like she was right.

Mema got a rep or sum?

"I'll call her." She got up to go upstairs.

"Sure it aint late?"

"No. Mema always got time for her babies." Mil smiled.

"Think dis gone work?" Zel asked me.

"Hope so. We just need to get them away fa a while."

"Sure grandma gone mind us comin too? Fa now?" I asked.

"Of course. Mema will love yall." She got up, going upstairs too.

"We'll see."

BLUE

"Mema?" I said lowly.

"Blue, is that you? What's wrong baby? Why you calling so late chile?"

"Hey yes. It's me. S-Something is happening down here. We need to come stay with you for a while." I sighed.

"You know that you can baby. Just you and Milly?"

"No Mema. Kelly is with us too. Plus Deuce and the twins." I couldn't leave Mema out the loop so of course I've mentioned the boys already before.

"So I get to finally meet the boys huh? Come on down baby. They're all welcome. When you get here though, I want to know everything. And, I mean it. Understand?"

"Yes, Mema. I understand. Go get your rest. I'll let you know when we'll be coming."

"Okay my blue bird. I love you. Goodnight."

We hung up the phone, and I just sat for a while.

"What did she say?" Milly said, coming into the room.

"She said okay. But we have to tell her what's going on."

"Okay." She yawned, and got in the bed.

We had already showered, and ate our waffle house. We were starving. I sat and looked at Milly doze off. I never wanted her a part of this. I didn't even ask for this myself. Now that we're in this, we have no choice. I wasn't going anywhere, because of the love I have for Deuce. I'm in this now. No turning back.