Chapter 18

MILLY

"So, let's get this straight. You're all drug dealers? People are after you? People scared Blue, so that's why we were shooting?" I looked at all of them.

"Basically." Kelly said.

Blue stood off to the side. I knew she was feeling some type of way about me being a part of this. I could tell she wanted me to be protected while I was visiting. I didn't know when would be the right time to tell her that I wanted to stay.

Living with Mema was the best. Going to the community college was cool too, but I needed something new. Mema understood, and she didn't wanna hold me back.

She was also getting older, and I knew I needed to spend as much time with her. So right now, I'm really stuck between the two.

"So, that's how yall living like this? Ok, money team."

"How are u not scared? U human?" Boon asked loudly.

"Maybe yall should talk." Deuce said, catching on to me and Blue's stare contest.

I grabbed her by the arm, and walked upstairs.

"Talk to me Blue."

"Mil. I don't want you a part of this. I don't even want to be a part of this. I would die if something was to happen to you."

"Blue, I'm a big girl. You and Mema taught me well."

"I just want you protected while you're down here."

"Blue I wanna stay here. I wanna move here when my first semester is over. Which is soon by the way. I need something new."

"Huh? What about Mema? We can't leave her."

"You left her already Blue."

She looked at me, catching my shade.

"I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying. She let you go. She helped you. She would understand with me too Blue."

"Well maybe we'll call her tonight. Hopefully, I'll have my own place by then."

"Cuse me? Say what?" I watched Deuce come in, stepping closer to Blue. I laughed at them.

"You heard me Two." Blue said, jumping on his back.

"psh. U kno u ain't goin nowhere."

One day, I hope that'll be me.

DEUCE

"So, what's up? Yall good?" I asked, once Milly left out.

"Yeah. Are you good? Or you gonna tell me what happened last night?" She looked up at me.

"What u mean?"

"Stop playing with me DeWayne. I know something is wrong. Just tell me."

"Mr. G kno about u."

"What you mean, know about me?"

"He know bout u, Kelly, and Milly. He said he was gone hurt yall."

"H-Hurt us? Hurt us how De?"

I looked at her, and her eyes watered. She shook a little bit, and I grabbed her.

"Blue. Nun gone happen to u. U have my word, baby." I hugged her tight, and I meant every word I said. No matta what, I was gone protect ha. Kelly and Milly too.

She sniffed, and she nodded her head.

"So, we should tell them, right? At least Kelly?"

"Yea. We can do that." I asked, huggin' ha again.