Chapter 15

BLUE

I rubbed on Deuce's tattoos, while he laid his head on my chest and had his arm wrapped around me. I heard his light snores, and didn't want to wake him. I find that I sleep better with him. But, just not tonight. I had too much on my mind.

"Whea you goin'?" Deuce asked, grabbing me tighter.

"I'm going to the kitchen. I need some water."

He let me go from his tight hold, and turned to the other side of the bed.

I didn't really need any water, but I figured I had to do something. I grabbed some water, took a couple of sips, and made my way back upstairs. Deuce had gone back into his deep sleep, and I didn't want to wake him.

I grabbed a small blanket, and felt like sitting on the balcony. I pushed the door to the side, as slowly and lowly as possible.

The conversation we had last night, was weighing heavy on my mind. It brought back so many memories.

-"18 year old me, was on my way home from a long day of school. I was tired, and I was beyond sleepy. I needed my rest.

I was happy that Milly stayed over at school, for some kind of middle school activity. I walked in the dirty old house, that I always find myself cleaning. I started to straighten out a few things around the house, until I heard noises.

I wasn't sure who it could've been. Mema was at her own house. Milly wasn't here. Then it clicked. It had to be my mom.

I didn't think to bother her and whoever her young guy was this time. She barely even stayed home. After flopping on the bed and laying there for a couple minutes, I grew irritated of their sexual noises. I dragged myself to the room, not even bothering to knock.

"Can you keep it down!!" I fussed. I stood shocked, looking at the people in front of me.

"Josh? WHAT TF IS THIS?" I fussed, throwing things and slapping him in the face.

"MOM, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?"

She sat there with a smirk on her face, and didn't say a word. All Josh could do was tell his "Im sorry" lies.

"How could yall do this? GET OUT."

"Me and my man aint going nowhere. This my house. You get out."

I stood there completely caught off guard. Did she really say this to me?

"You want me to get out? & Your man?" I fussed, and looked at her stupid.

"Yes. NOW get out. We got business to finish."

"How could you. Josh was my boyfriend! So, this is why you weren't at school today, huh?"

"Blue"

"Fine. You two deserve each other."'

I stormed out of the room, going into me & Milly's room to get a bag. I packed enough for today, and left the house. Good timing, allowed me to catch Milly getting dropped off as soon as I slammed the door.

"What's wrong BeeBee? Why you crying?" She asked, and I couldn't even tell her.

"Nothing, we're staying at Mema's tonight."