lately I don't trust my brain, you tell me I won't ever change // part two

Part two to the want you back one shot, showing lukes side to the story and how they broke up

Bold parts are parts of the song that Luke relates to Reece so

Pls comment and vote

-

Reece had left Luke and the blond was going through hell.

But he couldn't deal with his grief as he was at the studio with Ashton. The two were going over their songs, figuring out lyrics and what they wanted their new music to sound like. "Have you got anything to add?" Ashton asked Luke, seeing his song book was sticking out his bag.

Luke hesitated, he'd been writing, about Reece and how much he missed him. His song book doubled as his diary, it had started with scribbles of Reece's name with his own last name attached to the end—Reece Hemmings, something Luke thought about too much now that he was gone.

Luke took his song book out, opening it to the last page, where the scribbles of I want you back, I need you, I love you, were all over the place.

Luke glanced at Ashton who was waiting, "I have some things,"

"Can I read it?"

Luke hesitated but handed over the book, watching Ashton's eyes read over the lyrics. "Luke this is a whole god damn song in itself. It's really good too."

Luke gave him a small smile as he ran his hand through his growing hair, "yeah."

"It's about Reece?"

Luke nodded but stayed silent.

"Can I show the guys this?" Ash asked.

"Sure."

"And you'll be alright, with him across the world at least it's easier to move on." Ashton tried to assure Luke but the blond didn't like to hear that Reece would forget about him, would love someone else, someone that wasn't him. Luke liked being in love with Reece.

The door to the studio opened and Michael and Calum and their song writing team walked in, "Hey you guys got anything?" One of them asked.

Ash lifted Luke's song book, "Luke has something."

Ash handed them the book and they read through it, they ignored the words that were smudged and scribbled out and how the words I'm sorry come home were nearly ripped through to the other page. "I like it, you got any sound ideas to it?" He asked, looking to Luke.

Luke nodded, "have it start out soft and kinda gentle and smooth and then like Ash comes in and it's got a cool tune from the guitar which tie it together and a heavy bass line at the chorus. I don't want it to be a sad wanting someone back song."

Everyone stared at him, kinda shocked at how much Luke had thought in to it.

"I've thought about it for a while." Luke said, noticing the looks, blushing.  His book was handed back to him, "I want the chorus to be repeated, make parts of it higher in pitch, Ash can sing that high."

"Go sing it in the booth for us." A guy said, "show us how you imagine it."

Luke nodded, getting in to the booth with his book.

-

Luke awoke in his bed, lying on his back, with the covers just high enough to cover his dignity. He felt Petunia move on the bed and she climbed in to his lap, resting her head on his chest. Luke smiled tiredly and petted her before looking across the bed at Reece who lay fast asleep on his stomach.