lately I don't trust my brain, you tell me I won't ever change // angsty

hi, this one shot is based on: what if want you back was about Reece?

Enjoy, comment and vote ty

-

Reece lay snug in his bed at home in the heart of London, the sleep he was getting was well deserved after a long week of work, he was thankful his roommates were giving him some peace for once.

Until they weren't. They were bursting in to his room and the lift from the hallway made Reece groan and roll over on to his tummy. But his friends grabbed the sheets and yanked them off of him. "Reece!" Q yelled, "wake up! You gotta see this!"

Reece sat up and sighed, leaning against his headboard. "What?" He asked tiredly.

Q them started to play a song from his phone and Reece stared at it until he heard that familiar soft voice come from the small speakers. Reece clenched his jaw, "turn that shit off!" Reece yelled.

Reece grabbed the phone and paused the song, his eyes fleetingly seeing the title; want you back. "I don't care if he's released new music!"

"It's about you thought!" Matt said, taking the phone from Reece.

"Even more reason to not give a fuck!" Reece replied. "Now fuck off, I'm tired, I've been working all week."

His friends left the room and Reece lay back down, forcing away those memories he tried so hard to push away.

The next morning Reece was in the car, driving to the hospital for work, the radio was turned to Radio One, it was early enough that Nick Grimshaw was on. "Next I'm gonna play a new song from the talented Australian Band, Five Seconds of Sum—"

Reece turned it off before he could finish the sentence.

Reece got to work in silence and then headed on to his ward, oncology, he didn't like working with people who had cancer, especially the ones who were terminal but someone had to—he owed it to Charlotte after she'd had cancer as a small kid.

Reece grabbed his first folder and the trolley before going towards the first room in his round. He pushed open the door to the young girl, smiling at her and the friends she had visiting her. Reece silently did his blood tests, apologising when the girl made a sound of pain.

"No but Luke sounds so good!" One girl, sitting near the window exclaimed.

Reece's mind went to the blond, biting his lip and finishing up taking the blood test. "What are you girls talking about?" Reece asked them.

"Oh our favourite band released a new song, 5 Seconds Of Summer, if you've heard of them?"

Reece smiled tightly, "I use to date one of them."

The girls stared at Reece's back as he left the room with the trolley. Reece walked back to the reception desk, to his friends, Gabby and Sasha, "can someone swap rooms with me, the girls like Luke and his band."

Gabby nodded, "alright I can, but you get Mr Spencer in bed seven."

Reece cursed, he had wondering hands with everyone, "fine."

Sasha spoke up, "their new song is pretty good though." She said.

Reece shrugged, "not heard it."

Sasha looked from Gabby to Reece, "have you got freckles on your back?"

Reece gave her a look of confusion, "dozens of them, why?"

Sasha sipped her drink, "listen to the song."