Chapter 29: You've Got Everything On Me

29. You've Got Everything On Me

"So let me get this straight," Jessica began. "Shawn took you on a date."

"For the last time Jess it wasn't a date," Shayley said.

"Thank you."

"She just went out with him, had a good time, he dropped her off and kissed her," she finished.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up will you."

"What about Connor?" Jess asked.

I shrugged. "What about him?"

"Last I checked he kinda had a crush on you," she said.

"We talked, and I told him we could only be friends," I answered. "I think he understood."

"You think," Shayley snickered.

"Hey cut him some slack okay?" I defended. "Connor's not a bad guy."

"Oh yeah," Jess remarked. "Then what's with the heated conversation he's having with that she-devil?"

I look at where she points and see Connor and Melanie arguing in a corner.

"Are they even friends?" Shayley questioned.

I shook my head. "I don't know."

"Well has he ever mentioned her?"

"No."

"This is weird."

"Very."

The bell rang and I turned my attention from the two of them. "I'll see you guys later.

********

"So, what exactly are you saying," Shawn asked me.

I stopped him beside a table in the cafeteria. "I'm saying Melanie's up to something."

"Oh and goldilocks can't be?" he retorted.

"Connor's good," I stated.

"And Mel's the devil I'm guessing?"

Well if the horns fit...

"I don't trust her," I said.

"I don't trust him either."

I rolled my eyes and he sighed, tucking my hair behind my ear and cupping my face.

"Look Michaels," he said. "Things are actually starting to look okay for us. Don't let anything ruin that. Besides, no one has anything on me anyways, only you."

"Me? What do I have on you?" I chuckled in confusion.

He lets me go and taps his fingers on the table. "You have my heart Princess, you've got everything on me."

He walked to our usual table and I felt someone put their arm around me. Austin.

"Everything okay?"

I nodded.

"Then let's go eat," he chuckled.

I managed a smile and followed him. Jacob arrived at the table next.

"We're going on another trip," he said.

Jessica rose an eyebrow. "Huh?"

"Oh come on," he continued. "You don't think I'm letting us spend our break before finals sitting at home do you?"

"Where exactly do you have in mind?" I asked.

He showed us a picture on his phone. "Sunny Side Lodges. It's an awesome place."