Chapter 10: Shove The Girl Off A Cliff

10. Shove The Girl Off A Cliff

"And then he has the nerve to confront me when he's off getting back together with her!" I ranted, pacing up and down in the coffee shop we were in.

"Khalan."

"I'm not done," I continued. "I don't get why he does this. After all, he was the one who wanted things to be easy. How the hell is that working out for him?"

"Khalan-"

"I could punch a hole through the wall right now-"

"KHALAN!"

I stopped pacing. "What?"

"Sit down will you?"

"Sorry," I apologized and sat with a sigh. "I'm pouring out all these emotions on you."

"Yeah that and you're walking up and down like a crazy person," Renée remarked.

"He's just so...infuriating," I said.

"But you love him anyway," she pointed out.

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't call you to tell me what I already know Renée.

"Why did you call me anyway?" she asked. "Last time I checked you had a bunch of besties in your corner."

"Yeah I'm not up for speaking to my besties now," I muttered. "I was hoping you'd show some tough love, maybe a few harsh words. You know, snap me out of whatever I'm in."

She chuckled and shook her head. "You just want to turn me into some sort of therapist don't you? Well sorry to disappoint, I'm not being mean today."

I stared at her. "When did that happen?"

"When I realized that 'tough love' isn't going to work for you."

"How do you know?" I protested.

"Please, I could say all the harsh things I wanted and you'd still go home thinking about him."

True.

"Okay, so what do I do then?"

"I'm not saying shove the girl off a cliff or anything, but you have to find a way to get him back and get things back to...normal," she answered.

"You mean make up with him?" I asked. "You realize Shawn and I broke up because we both needed the space right?"

"Yes, and you've both had enough time to get your heads out of your asses."

There's Renée now.

"Now though?"

"Yes now," she snapped. "Now get going before he and Mela-whore get married and move back down under."

Yup, that's definitely Renée.

"Right," I said, getting up from my seat. "I'm going to his house. Thanks."

"Whatever," she shrugged.

I got out of the coffee shop and into my car.

"Mela-whore," I chuckled to myself before turning on the ignition. "Funny."

I didn't waste any time in driving to Shawn's home.

"What do I even say?" I grumbled quietly. "Hey Shawn, I know I said we needed space but turns out I need you more. Let's get back together?"

My face dropped after hearing my monologue.

"Real smooth Khalan."

I took in a deep breath before getting out of the car once I reached his father's estate. I headed to the front door and rang the bell, anxiously waiting. Shawn opened the door and stepped out, surprised to see me.