Chapter 9: Your Boyfriend Probably Wants To Gut Me Like A Fish

9. Your Boyfriend Probably Wants To Gut Me Like A Fish

I stayed home the rest of the weekend. I wasn't in the mood to go out anyways. Charlie left the next day because of the incident with Austin's car. Speaking of cars I can't believe it took the guys two days to fix it up. It wasn't a total mess I guess. Charlie's engineering skills probably helped a lot too. Dad took it for a test run with me so it was good to go.

Monday came around though. Can't say I was excited to go to school. I walked into the building and headed straight to my locker.

"Khalan."

I smiled. "Hey Jessica, what's up?"

"What's up with me? What's up with you?" she asked and I chuckled. "How are you?"

"Jess, I'm fine. I'll admit I was a bit nervous but why should I be? Shawn and I-"

"Uh Khalan?" she snickered. "I was talking about the car incident with Austin."

"I hate you," I groaned.

She laughed. "Khalan I know it's going to take time with Shawn. That's why I didn't ask."

"Whatever," I said. "Enough about Shawn."

"That's not going to happen."

"Why not?"

"Cause here he comes," she answered and winked. "I'll be going now. Goodluck with that."

I sighed and turned as Shawn advanced.

"Hey."

"Hi Shawn," I responded.

"How are you?" he asked.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine. The accident was no big deal," I replied, hopefully interpreting the question correctly this time.

"So how ha-"
"I just wanted-"

"Sorry," I said.

He shook his head. "No, go first."

"No you," I insisted.

He ran his fingers through his hair and I controlled myself from fainting from how hot he looked when he did that.

"I just don't want things to be weird now," he began. "We do share the same friends. We'll no doubt see a lot of each other."

Weird? Pfft. Things are far from weird.

Not.

I nodded. "I understand. And I agree."

He gave me a small smile. "Good."

"So how have you been holding up? I haven't really asked you."

His blue eyes bore into my brown ones. I averted my eyes from his gaze before I melted.

"You don't want to know how I'm doing," he said quietly before walking away. "I'll see you later Princess."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how my heart broke all over again.

************

By lunch news had spread about Shawn and I. I on one hand was hearing very interesting theories. One said he got bored and replaced me with another girl which I assume is Melanie. Another claimed he dumped me after he didn't enjoy a 'night together'. I even heard one about how he found out I was pregnant and left because he wasn't ready to be a father. How the hell did people have the time to come up with these? Shawn and I have never even slept together. What's annoying is how I was subjected to the supposed ignominy that was being dumped by Shawn Mitchell. All these rumours are about him leaving me like some piece of trash on a sidewalk. What did I expect to happen though? After dating both Shawn and Kyle I've probably landed myself on the girls' list of high school's most wanted.