Alex's lips parted.

"Oh..."

"Yeah," a tear rolled down Eunbyul's cheek as she finished the story.

"I'm so sorry to hear that."

"It's okay," she gave Alex a pained smile. "We're used to it...that's why we appear cold at times..."

"I understand..."

Alex really did understand. It always seemed like the world was against her and seeing Eunbyul shed some tears in front of her, a drastic change from her normal slight smile, made her realise she wasn't the only one feeling like that.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this," Eunbyul uttered as she wiped her tears. "I just...I haven't been able to tell anyone how I've felt. Everyone just dismisses me or simply don't care...I've been holding all of this is for years."

"It must hurt feeling like your alone all the time...it must really suck."

"It does but I just can't voice out my opinion because-"

"No one would care," Alex finished her sentence as she felt tears start to build up in her eyes. "But I care and I'm here for you. You don't have to keep everything to yourself anymore."

That was all it took for Eunbyul to completely break down.

She covered her face with her hands and cried her heart out.

Alex couldn't possibly just watch her in that state so she pulled her into a tight hug, making Eunbyul cry even harder.

Alex couldn't help feeling strange upon being the one to comfort someone instead of being the one comforted.

But Eunbyul needed the comforting way more than Alex did at this very moment.

"Eunbyul?" A voice came from behind the two.

Hyuna's gaze turned from her sister to Alex and then her sister again.

"What did you do to my sister, you little maggot!" She shouted, running to her sister. "Get off her at once, your getting your disgusting germs on her!"

Hyuna pushed Alex off of Eunbyul and shoved her to the ground.

"Just imagine what my mother would do to you and your stupid twin brother if she finds out you made Eunbyul cry! You'll be dead for sure!"

"Hyuna-" Eunbyul tried to reason but the Fifth Princess wasn't having it.

"Go at once you ugly twat! Leave me and my sister alone!"

Alex knew very well she should be careful of Hyuna, especially since she knew nothing about her but hearing everything she called her just angered Alex to the point she couldn't stop herself.

"Listen to me, midget," Alex spat as she regained her balance. "I've tried to ignore all day because I just simply can't deal little spoilt brats but clearly you want me to straighten you up."

"Excuse me, who do you think you are? You can't talk to me that way! I could ruin you and your whole family!"

"You think I care?"

"You should."

"Well I don't, and you know why? It's simple, you-"

Suddenly, a hand was wrapped around Alex's mouth, to stop her from speaking.

"Please excuse her," Jeongin uttered, glaring at Alex. "She lost her memory, remember? She must have lost her respect too. She didn't mean anything she said, she's just a bit delirious, you know what sicknesses can do to you."

"Of course, you're very lucky you came in time, Jeongin, otherwise your whole family and village would have become just a distant memory."

"I sincerely apologize."

Hyuna nodded in response before grabbing Eunbyul's hand and dragging her away.

"I'm not sick," Alex turned on Jeongin.

He scoffed.

"Then what was all that?"

"A piece of my mind. Someone's gotta straighten her up...you shouldn't have come. I don't care whether I live or die."

He cocked an eyebrow as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"You seem to get the impression I care about you, which I don't."

Alex huffed in disbelief.

"Oh really? Then what was that back there?"

"I was saving my village and I. I couldn't care less whether you were killed or not."

"How dare you? I'm your sister, twin sister to be exact."

He shook his head.

"No, you're not. You changed, Suzy."

"But I'm still Suzy."

"Not to me. To me, my sister died just like the rest of my family, it makes it easier that way."

"Makes what easier?"

"Accepting the fact you changed, that you're not the sister I love anymore."