43 - King, Queen, Prince, Princess

Jasmine's POV

Folding the jacket around her nicely I studied Ryder's expression, "Give me details right now Jazz." He demanded in awe of the small creature in my arms. I sat down at the trunk of a nearby tree as he slowly sat near me - not next to me but near...

"Well when my Ma found out I was pregnant by a Mortelli she warned me that I would die trying to give birth. So when I refused she gave me a journal warning me again and that's when I gave in, took mercury, I was taken to Nevada where I was only a few months pregnant. Got there and one night I went into labor. I remember Jason the doctor delivering the baby, I heard someone say she was a stillborn. I refused to believe and wanted to know where Jason went to. All I knew it wasn't good when the nurses there put me under..." 

"How long were you out?" 

"Just a few minutes, and when I woke up the room was empty my stomach was slashed open from the C-section I had but it didn't stop me from sensing her with every fiber of my body. It was like she was right there in front of me. I can't explain it Ryder she was everywhere and I had to get to her. Following her scent, her presence, I witnessed Jason with a knife about to kill my child." 

"You killed him right?" 

"I not only killed him, but the entire staff unit there to help me through, and then I burned the ranch, freed the animals. And in a heated rage I burned the entire city down, killing thousand of innocent lives. Wasn't my best moment I realize that now, but before I go crazy rampage Jazz I had to be 'New Mom Jazz' and save my daughter's life. So I built an artificial womb for her to grow in since my womb was compromised for the time being." 

"Wait what?" 

"Using parts of my own placenta I created a place where she could grow in. When the placenta wall was thick enough, had enough of my blood mixed with other things it needed I placed her inside. It was a little fish tank at first." I smile at a memory, he looked down at our kid. "You placed my daughter in a fish tank?" 

"Did you want her to die?" 

"Carry on with the story." 

Rolling my eyes, "Well I stayed there a while longer, finding a safe that could work just right. Adding somethings to accommodate my daughter I put her inside." 

"How did you get her here? In Oaks, you basically put me through a tree when you first came back." I fought back laughter at the memory looking out around us I sigh, sad that I had to tell him I had to leave her behind for a while. "Only for a week before I came back, brought her to my family house hid her under the basement floors before moving her to my room, and stored her there. When I left my friend found her, wanted me to explain and I told her everything." 

"Why didn't you tell me?" 

"The womb was fragile, I didn't know if she was gonna die or live these last few months. It's not like a normal womb where it's better protected. She wasn't safe and was barely alive in that thing. I had no other choice, people were trying to kill her Ryder, my family wanted her dead, the people who were helping me deliver wanted her dead. I left because I thought that's what I wanted but turns out I couldn't have that happen." 

"Damn," 

Nodding for him to come closer he does eventually, "Hold your daughter for a second please. Bond with her like only a father and daughter can." He's hesitate at first before I basically place her in his arms, he's still like a statue. "Relax you won't break her." Still he doesn't budge, 

Smiling I get to my feet, "Hey you're just gonna leave me here?" He whispers as I go about stretching my limbs somehow I became very sore all over. "Why isn't she crying or... isn't she suppose to be hungry or something?"