25 - Death of a Sister

Daria's POV

"I know what mistakes I've made, being a Mortelli in the past and I will pay for that but at least give Mela a Slayer burial. She made a mistake at the tender age of 6, she didn't know any better. It's only been Mela and I and I don't care what happens to me but please give her a burial under her favorite tree please." 

I watched how everyone looked up at Alpha's decision. Despite my aching wrist and dead sister in my lap that didn't even begin to describe all things running through my head like where the hell Porsha went? And if Liam was okay? I didn't mean to shove him into the air like I did but I got tackled by bullets and then that building came down on me-

"How did she die?" She asked. 

"Well I remember throwing Liam in the air away from the rain of bullets, and then I remember exploding within myself and the building collapsing nearby. I was barely hanging on when I heard Mela's voice. She was telling me to hang on, that I'd be able to get out soon." I couldn't stop the crack in my voice and tears that fell free from my eyes yet again. "She sacrificed her life for mine. Her last words to me was that she loved me, the pack, and that she'd like to be buried under the Acacia tree." 

Alpha's expression changed and I saw compassion in her eyes as she snaps her fingers and returns to the house and I'm helped to my feet and Mela is carefully carried towards the backyard. I stand there broken yet standing tall, 

"What am I suppose to do now? Porsha is M.I.A, my sister is dead, and Ghost is still alive. Those bitches who attacked Josh, and.... and.... SHIT!" I screamed by the time Liam stood in front of me, watching me carefully. Before I could stop myself I ripped the mailbox out of the ground and throw it in the air. And once I zero in on the object I propel myself in the air and send my fist through it. Landing on the ground soon to follow is dust, 

I turn to see Liam. "Sorry Prince I didn't mean for you to see me like this but-" 

"You saved my life so I owe you one. And I want to give you a new name, I feel Marlow has too much history with Mortelli, the past, and your sister. Starting right now with a clean slate your new gang name is... Angel." He gives a small smile before reaching for my hands, but I shrink away nursing my broken wrist. "Porsha is safe and alive. She told me to tell you not to worry about her, make sure Josh is living life normally, and keep your eyes on Madison. We haven't taken away her memories yet." 

And while I did feel better it didn't do much when I wanted to know more about Porsha, she was my best friend after all and now that I no longer have a sister who is suppose to be my person? My rock? I see my motorcycle and fish around for the keys, "Well I should get going..." 

"I don't think you should be alone Angel. You just carried your sister here, you have a broken wrist." Liam tries to persuade but there's no luck as I resume with climbing onto my bike. I have a bunch of Mela stuff to get through, and I think I'll put all my energy into cleaning the house. I can't stay here knowing Porsha isn't around. I barely think about going home when all I think about is Mela, but it's better than drinking or making things explode. 

"No offense Prince Liam but I've been on my own since I was 6 years old, and I've been doing fine since then and will be fine now." I reassure as I start up my bike and back out of the driveway to see a sadden Liam. "Call me Liam." He calls over the loud engine. 

I nod, "Goodnight Liam." 

Soon I'm going down the street and disappearing around the corner wiping tears from my eyes as I think about Mela. 

Shit, 

Passing neighborhoods I make it to the small brown brick house with a small white picket fence that shielded the bed of flowers Mela once planted to give our little lawn life and splash of color. Parking on the curb I get off the bike and trudge to the house, un-lock the door, and push my hair back. I didn't sense the movement fast enough as I'm pinned against the door by my neck. With the door closed the house is pitch black, "Where's Jasmine?" The darkness said and I inhaled to recognize the scent as Ghost. 

I send my fangs into his hand, my knee to his groin, before I finally hurl him across the living room. I rub my tender neck as I feel for a light switch, "You got a lot of nerve to walk into my house after what happened to my sister." I say rolling up my sleeves, removing my hoop earrings, and getting ready to whoop ass like I never had before because today is not the day to fucking mess with me. 

Ghost lifts himself from behind the sofa brushing himself off, "Listen what happened to Mela was messed up. And yes while it was on Mortelli property she's still at fault-" That's when I grabbed a vase and slung it square in his face. "I should rip you limb from limb for that!" With the force of a tank I take Ghost down and have my hands wrapped around his neck. 

"I want you to feel the life just leave your body much like how Mela felt when she heard my slowing heart beat. She gave her life to save mine! She didn't ask any questions, just kept telling me it'll be okay. I'll be okay, and that she loved me." Wrapping my finger tips around him tighter he struggles to get away from me. "You won't have anyone. You're here asking about Jasmine when you have my sister's blood on your hands. I don't know where Jasmine is." 

Pulling him from the floor I hold him by his collar. "Now you listen you sack of baby dic-" I hear the piercing sound of silent bullets break through the glass windows and penetrating Ghost's body. The last thing I heard before complete silence was Ghost taking his last breath...

Following that I didn't pick up a heartbeat, peeking behind the shield I had as Ghost I see the back of my neighbors house. It was a dark late night, who was targeting- I drop to the ground in fear that they'll shoot again. I leave Ghost on the ground as I crawl over to a hallway. 

"Is the coast clear?" I turn to see Ryder Mortelli. 

Shit, 

**

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo

A/N: Like I said before Daria has to go darker before coming to a good place.... well better than this... What could Ryder want to know about Jasmine? I can think of a few things.... and what do you think of Liam and Daria?