Chapter 6: Different home, parents dead

The group run outside. They see Alan run on the street to look around and at his house. Sora looks to his left and sees a police car coming down the street, but Alan doesn't see it. 

Sora: Alan, Alan, look out! 

Alan sees the car. The police officer sees him and slams his brakes. Alan jumps up and lands on the hood of the car as it stops. The officer gets out of his car and tells Alan get off his car and get on the sidewalk. Alan gets off the car and walks with the cop, who looks at him. The group run to them.

Alan: (Panting) What year is it?

Officer: It was brand-new. 

Alan: No. What YEAR is it? 

Judy: (Runs to them) Uh, 1995, remember?

Alan: '95.

Officer: You got some I.D.? Oh, let me guess. You left it in your other Tarzan outfit? 

Alan: Twenty six years.

Officer: Are you from around here?

Alan: I was, but I've been in Jumanji. 

Sora: (Whispers) Alan, don't. 

Judy: Indonesia. He was in the Peace Corps. 

Alan looks at the officer's name tag on his uniform and it says "C. Bentley." He looks at Alan and then talks to the kids while the heroes walk to Alan. 

Alan: (Whispers) Bentley. Carl Bentley, the Soleman. 

Goofy: You know him, Alan?

Alan: Yeah. He used to work at my dad's factory. 

As they hear the kids talking to Carl, Alan and the group spot two monkeys running to the police car. They hop in and close the door. 

Donald: Hey!

Alan: Get out of there! (Screams) 

The monkeys duck down. Alan starts hooting as Carl looks at him and the car and sees nothing. Alan looks at him.

Alan: Monkeys! Monkeys. 

Sora: Two monkeys. 

Carl just looks at them and talks to the kids again. Alan sees the monkeys again. He starts chittering at them, along with Goofy. One of them is chittering back as it's on a shotgun. It cocks it as it puts its foot on the trigger. Roxas sees it. 

Roxas: No! Don't pull the--

Then, it fires the shotgun, blasting through the roof and hitting one of the siren lights. Carl turns around and sees this. The group ducks down as the light comes down. Then, the monkeys start the car and drives away with the siren wailing. 

Carl: Hey! He-- What? What? (Points at Alan and the group) None of you move! (Runs after the car) Freeze! Hey! 

Everyone just watches him run after the car. Then, Alan runs the other way. The kids and group see this. 

Judy: Hey, wait a minute! Where are you going? 

Alan: To find my parents! 

Sora: But Alan, you don't know where they are! 

Alan: Yes, I do! 

Everyone looks at each other and they all run after him. The group catch up to Alan. They left the neighborhood and enter the town. Alan, Sora, Donald and Goofy are shocked to see the town has changed. Stores are going out of business or shut down. Homeless people are everywhere and too many bottles everywhere.