Chapter 5: Mosquitoes, monkeys, lion, Alan returns, reunion

The next morning, the group is still sleeping. Just then, the drums pound again. The group doesn't wake up from it, but as the drums continue, the attic door opens and the two kids come in. They drop their backpacks and they look around to find out where the drums are. 

Girl: Where's it coming from? 

They both go to where the group is. As they do, they spot them. The two kids gasp and are wondering where did they come from. The girl walks to them.

Girl: Um, excuse me? (Pats them) 

The group starts to wake up. They see the two kids. They all sit up.

Kairi: Oh. Hello. 

Girl: What are you doing in here?

Namine: Well...

Just then, the group notices the drumming too. They all look around as it grows louder.

Roxas: Hey. What's with the drumming?

Girl: Wait. You hear it too?

Riku: Yeah. Why wouldn't we?

Kairi: Listen, we didn't mean to intrude, but we were looking for our friends and we needed to find a place to stay. 

Boy: Well, you could've asked our aunt. 

Girl: Who are you guys?

Kairi: I'm Kairi. This is Riku, Roxas and Namine. And you two are?

Girl: I'm Judy and this is my brother, Peter.

Riku: Nice to meet you. 

Then, a loud bang is heard. The girls all scream. The drums start banging. They all look and see a pile of board games. They all walk to them and move the games to find out where the drumming is. The drums stop as they found...Jumanji. Their eyes widen as they look at it. 

Roxas: Jumanji? 

Riku opens up the game and they all see the spaces, tokens and black spot. 

Judy: Wow.

Riku: This game looks cool. 

Namine: Yeah. 

Judy: Let's bring it over here. 

Peter picks up the game and they all follow Judy to the middle of the attic, where a window is shining more light in the room. She gets a crate and Peter sets the game down on it. Everyone sits around. Peter tries to get the tokens off, but they won't move. 

Peter: Weird. They're stuck. 

Riku: That is weird. 

Judy: (Sees the instructions and reads it) "Jumanji. A game for those who seek to find a way to leave their world behind. You roll the dice to move your token. Doubles get another turn. The first player to reach the end wins." 

Peter opens the compartment and gets the other two tokens. As he looks at them, they fly out of his hand. Everyone watches as they attaches to the other empty spaces. Everyone gets startled at this. 

Judy: It's gotta be microchips or something. 

Peter finds the dice and hands them to Judy. 

Peter: You go first. 

Judy: Okay. (To the group) You guys want to play?

Kairi: No. We'll just watch.

Judy nods and takes the dice. She rolls and they land on a four and two, making a six. 

Judy: Six. 

Then, they all see the crocodile token move on its own. It moves six spaces. Then, everyone looks at the black spot and sees words.