Chapter 42) iStill Saw Him First

(still Carly pov)
Once Shane & I went somewhere to talk, I noticed Shane was looking down at the ground as he rub his neck.

"Shane, Whatever it is, Just tell me." I told him, wanting to know what's up.

"Alright, Car-"

"Hey, James. How-" A girl interrupted, calling Shane

When that girl called Shane James in front of me, I felt he was hiding something from me.

(Shane pov)When lucy called me by my actual name in front of Carly, I knew it's now or never

(Shane pov)
When lucy called me by my actual name in front of Carly, I knew it's now or never.

"Hey, Lucy. Do you mind if we talk later?" I asked.

"No, Not at all. See you later." She answered, giving me a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

Once she left, Carly & I walked to the pool chairs to sit.

"Um, Why did that girl called you James?" She asked.

"Because that's my first name." I told her.

"But, I thought your first name was Shane." She pointed out.

"That's my 2nd middle name, Before i came to your school & meeting Freddie, I was raised in Minnesota with the guys. My parents & I stayed there til we moved to Seattle that's when i met you guys til we moved back to Minnesota permanently." I told her.

"But, How did you guys ended up here?" She asked.

"Well. Kendall, Carlos, Logan & I joined the audition tryouts at Minnesota because I wanted to be pop singer in California. Once that happened, The four of us along with Kendall's mom & his sister Katie came here & things didn't go so well for us. While we stay here, we made some friends & we realized that we really like to sing together so we took it seriously & we were able to impress the record executives." I explained.

"Huh, That's really cool. Um, Shane. Would you rather have me call you James instead?" She asked.

"It doesn't matter. I'm used to being called both Shane or James, mostly James." I answered.

After I told Carly my secret, I was glad that things ended pretty well between us.