The Maquis

"Admiral, you have an emergency transmission from Commander Sisko." Alenis reported as she opened the door.

Christian looked up from his paperwork. "Put it through."

The Bajoran nodded and closed the door to go back to her desk in the hallway.

Only six point two seven zero seconds later, the dark skinned Commander on Deep Space Nine appeared on the monitor on his desk.

"Admiral Kirk, I'm glad you could take my call so fast." the Commander said.

"Your call was labeled as an emergency, of course I take such calls quick. What is the emergency on Deep Space Nine?" the half-Hatorian asked.

"We have a grave problem with a Bajoran terrorist group called the Maquis. I suppose you have received multiple reports on them from Starfleet Commanding officers near the Demilitarized Zone." the man responded.

"I have been going through some reports recently. We have discovered a lot of sympathizers." the Admiral said.

"Then I got new names for you." Sisko told.

"I'm not happy to hear that, but who is the sympathizer you uncovered?" Christian asked.

"Actually, I uncovered three of them."

The Fleet Admiral blinked. "That's even worse. Whose names can I note down?"

"Commander Calvin Hudson, Captain Kasidy Yates of the Bajoran Ministry of Commerce and Lieutenant Micheal Eddington." the dark skinned officer replied.

"I'm not surprised about the woman serving for the Bajoran Ministry, but two Starfleet officers..." the half-Hatorian let it known he was shocked.

"I understand your reaction. I too was deeply hurt when I discovered Cal was leading the Maquis. He and Eddington are still on the run, Yates has been arrested and is being guarded by Odo."

"Very well. And if you do not mind, I'm sending someone over to question her."

"Who would that be?"

"My daughter Thalassa, the vessel she is stationed on is near Deep Space Nine."

*//*

"The Fleet Admiral's daughter will be questioning her?" Major Kira asked.

Sisko nodded. "Commander Thalassa Kirk is a reliable and honest woman, she's proven herself as an inquisitor for the Vulcans before."

"Which ship is she on?" Dax then asked.

"USS Richardson, as Chief Engineer."

*//*

Commander Thalassa Kirk stepped through the round door that rolled open to enter the bays of Deep Space Nine. There she found Commander Sisko and the Changeling security officer. "Commander Sisko."

"Commander Kirk, it's a pleasure to welcome you here."

Thal held up her hand. "Please, skip the formalities. Tell me about the prisoner."

"Kasidy Yates, freighter Captain for the Bajoran Ministry of Commence and a human female of African-American descendance." Odo told.

"I suppose she's in your custody?" the engineer asked.

The Changeling nodded.

"Take me to her."

*//*