Tommy - Long Lost

Hey, Blinders! I'm a terrible person, I know. The lack of updates don't even have an explanation. I kinda went through a lazy faze that seemed to last a year omg. Anyway, this was requested by xGolden_Amelx. I'm so fucking sorry that this wasn't uploaded till now. I had to re-write it like 5 times bc I was unhappy with it. I know it's short af but I hope it is decent xoxo

Daughter.

That was the one word that Tommy seemed to take in from the crumpled letter sent to him. It felt as though the world had stopped spinning, that the air had been squeezed out of his lungs.

He brought a hand up to his face, re-reading the letter just in case he had read it wrong. The writing scribbled in pencil was hard to make out, but it was obvious what the writer was trying to tell him.

The writer, a whore he couldn't even remember the name of, had written him a letter in her last day of life. Her distressed handwriting had shown him just how ill she had been. She spoke about the child she had given life to, and how she was taken away from her to live in an orphanage.

Tommy had thrown a glass at his office wall out of anger. Why hadn't she told him sooner? He could have given her the help she needed to care for their daughter and keep her safe. Now he had no idea if his child was alive, or where she was. He couldn't imagine his son, Charlie, being put through the same situation.

After he had read the letter, he made numerous phone calls to people who knew the adoption system. He had gone through at least three cigarettes and two glasses of whisky before he managed to get through to someone who could help. It had taken his grand name for them to finally agree to help him seek her out. He thought about the situation for a moment. Of course he had a son with his previous wife, Grace. But he had no clue how he would take care of him alone without the maids help, let alone a daughter as well. He was thankful for his position in life, and that he was able to get his daughter back.

"Sir. Sir?" The man on the other end of the line called out, wondering if Tommy was still listening.

"Yes. I'm still here." Tommy breathed out, his hands becoming sweaty and his heart thumping.

"We found her, Mr Shelby. Y/FN Y/LN. She's at an orphanage not far from where you are."

A high pitched ring was swirling through his head, his vision fogging as her name was heard. He had a daughter, and he would stop at nothing to get her back where she belonged.