Michael - Complicated

Hey guys! This was requested by xDigitalGoddessx! I hope you enjoy and I'm sorry it took so long! I gave her father a random name btw, feel free to change it. If you can, watch the video. I laughed 😂

Adrianna was surprised when she got the invite to Tommy's wedding. Her father had been in France with Tommy and his brothers years before, and it was surprising that he still remembered him. She had never met Tommy herself, but her father used to tell stories from his time in France and Tommy and his brothers were always mentioned.

Although she was with her father entering the church, she still felt alone. She knew nothing about these people apart from her father knew them. But in reality her father had no clue what they were doing with their lives now that the war was over.

"They must be quite well off." Her father spoke as they entered the church, noticing that it must have been expensive to use. It was overwhelming to see such a beautiful building when Adrianna came from a small town, she had never seen such a big building. She nodded in agreement with her father, her brown curls swaying against her shoulders. 

"Harry! It's good to see you!" A man spoke as they sat down. His face was sunken and his moustache lining his top lip. The man shook hands with her father before a younger man did the same. She assumed they were the men he had been in France with. During her fathers reunion she caught eyes with a pair of murky green ones. Another man, younger than the others. His handsome face didn't turn away from her. He hadn't realised he was staring at her until she rose an eyebrow, smirking slightly. Feeling embarrassed he gave a shy smile before getting out of his seat and sitting behind her.

"I haven't seen you before, I'm Michael." He spoke. His voice was soft and sent chills up Adrianna's spine.

"Adrianna, family friend of the groom." She replied back, turning to face him.

The introduction was cut short due to the wedding music playing, and a beautiful blonde woman walking up to a suited man.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tommy is a business man, his business is very important to him." Grace spoke.

Adrianna sat on one of the many chairs in the room listening to the bride, whom she found out the name of minutes ago, speak about Tommy. She almost thought it was sweet how highly Grace spoke of her new husband, but it felt like she was hiding something from her big family. She was sipping on a glass of whiskey that her father gave her before he disappeared with the groom and his brothers, most likely to catch up on the things they had missed.

She wondered where Michael had gone, he too had disappeared a few minutes ago. When the wedding ceremony had ended, her and Michael had engaged in conversation. The way he spoke was refreshing to her, his educated mind flowing freely with hers. It felt like they had known each other for years as they spoke openly. She felt comfortable when they joked and laughed with one another. But of course he had left when another man about the same age whispered something in his ear. It must have been important because he had left straight away.

Adrianna sighed as she sipped the last of her whiskey. She stood up, growing bored of Graces sweet talk. She managed to leave the room without being noticed, the hallway being less suffocating. The paintings on the walls were beautifully done, the faces becoming recognisable as she remembered the faces at the wedding. 

Her thoughts were interrupted by muffled speaking, coming from one of the rooms in the hall. She stayed still, listening for anything interesting that might be spoken. She recognised Michael's voice, and he was talking to a girl.

Adriannas heart sank. She was stupid to think that he might be the slightest bit interested in her. She sighed, not noticing that the talking at stopped. She left the hallway and walked aimlessly around the huge Shelby house. 

In the time that she took walking around she had finished another whiskey and there was still no sign of her father. Giving up, she sat down in the same seat she had vacated before, watching everyone talk and laugh in the room. 

"I've been looking for you." A voice said behind her. She didn't need to turn around to know it was Michael. He sat beside her.

"I thought you were busy, I didn't want to disturb you." Adrianna replied, still looking ahead.

"You heard me with that girl, didn't you?" He said. She could almost hear the smirk in his voice.

"Even if I did, it wouldn't be any of my business." She crossed her arms and sighed.

"She was after snow." He spoke again after a while, like she knew what that was.

"Snow?" She finally turned to him, frowning.

"Yeah. You know, snow.

It took a few second for her to realise what he was implying. She widened her eyes out of embarrassment when she realised. Michael only laughed at her innocence.

"Now I feel utterly stupid." She blushed and looked at the ground. 

"Not one part of you is stupid," Michael began as he stood up. "Now, you owe me a dance since you made me look for you."

She smiled and rolled her eyes, talking the hand he had extended towards her.

Thank you again, Blinders. I hit 11k not log ago! Couldn't be more thankful ❤x