Uncle Dean

Lexa's POV:

"Where the hell are we now?" I ask as we pull up to an old but cute white house with a electric wired fence.

"We're in Southern Illinois" replied Warren.

We all hop out of the truck and walk into the house. Tessa walks in like she owns the damn place. I am seriously getting tired of her, but there's nothing I can do about it. She'll snap out of it eventually, and when she does, she is getting a hard ass kicking. We scope the house luckily there are no Z's. well except the ones in the weird upstairs room.

"Ok Mack and Addy take watch tonight, and the rest of you rest," said Garnett.

Tessa hops on the couch and pretty much falls asleep instantly.

"How long will it take her to snap out of this" Asked 10k who is standing beside me.

"You never know for sure, it could takes days, or it could take months." I said in a sorrowful tone. I love my sister I really do. I hate seeing her like this. She tries building up her walls so strong, but what she doesn't know is that I will break down every single one of them.

Addy and Mack head outside while the rest of us lounge around and rest. Me and 10K are sitting in the lounge chair. Well I'm sitting on 10K and he's sitting in the lounge chair. My head is in the crook of his neck, and he's head is lying on mine. He falls asleep first, and the sound of his soft snoring lulled me to sleep.

Tessa's POV:

I woke up on the couch the next day. That was the best sleep I've had in a long time. No nightmares for once. I sit up and look around: 10K and Lexa are still asleep on each other, eww get a room, Doc and Murphy are playing cards, Cassandra is flipping through a magazine, and who the hell knows where Garnett and Warren are.

I stand up and start to walk to the bathroom.

"Well morning sunshine," said Murphy with an overly sweet tone.

"Morning dickhead," I said as I walk past them to the bathroom.

I walk in and lock the door behind me. We don't have running water so I cant take a shower, but these people have a mirror and that's what I wanted. I look at myself: hair knotted in somewhat of a side braid, eyes dull, lips cracked. I look a mess. I just stare at myself in the mirror for a bit. then I hear Addy and Mack up stairs. Why, why now? Really having sex right now? I roll my eyes and head out the bathroom to hear Murphy say:

"You know if we breed those two, it would be all over for the zombies,"

"Oh there will be no breeding, I already had that talk with 10K," I say as I sit down at the table Doc and Murphy are playing cards at.

"So apparently there's a big storm coming through," said Murphy.

"And I'm supposed to care why?"

"Just saying,"

Lexa's POV:

I woke up to 10K's green eyes staring back at me. I snuggle farther into is warm chest and mumbled:

"Sorry I fell asleep on you," He kissed the top of my head and said:

"Its ok I like you here,"

Then we hear gunshots and Warren yell:

"Puppies and Kittens time to go!!"

I hop up from 10k's lap and gather all of my guns and knives. I check to see if Tessa is moving. Thankfully she actually see's the seriousness of the situation and runs out the door. I'm close behind, and the last thing we hear is Garnett.