The Assassins

Lexa's POV:

2 years. 2 fucking years of this life. All I have left is my twin sister, Tessa. We rely on one another. We only look alike. With our dark brownhair and our pale skin and dark brown eyes. But other than that we are survivors. We are known as the Assassins. People give us supplies and we kill whoever they want. Tessa is the smarter one. She has the brains and the strength, but I have the skills. Our father taught us to fight. He pushed me told me that I had potential to be a great leader, and with the help of my sister we will get there. And I still think that maybe somewhere on this planet that there is hope. That just maybe there is a cure. Just maybe.

Tessa's POV:

While my sister is in dreamland, I have been scouting the area. We are in Upstate New York. Or well what's left of it. There's not many people left, mainly Z's. But I got word that people where at the old high school. We need to go there and raid the place before anyone else can.

I walk over to my sister "Hey get ur ass up were going back to high school."

"Oh for all that is good please no high school, I think that was worse than the apocalypse." She said with a smile.

"Oh it wasn't that bad,"

"We both had braces and we wore Sketchers"

"Ok lets change the subject"

Lexa giggled as we got in our red Ford we stole from some dead guy in Florida. Oh Florida was great we even went to Disney World or well what's left of it. It was really depressing honestly. But hey the big Golf ball is still standing.

Lexa was driving and I was shooting random Z's as we drove by. It's like a game. A really sick but fun game. You know at times I sit and look down at a zombie. They are the funniest thing to look at sometimes. Unless they are trying to eat your brains. If that is happing then you should probably run. But anyways all they do is walk really slow and look gross. Every now and then you see one running but that's pretty rare.

As we were coming up to the high school I told Lexa to go around the back so we don't get spotted. The last thing we need is to be more hunted then we already are. She parked the car and we got out.

"Do you see a way to get up on the roof?" Lexa asked.

I look around and spotted a fire escape ladder.

"There" I pointed to the ladder.

We climb up the ladder and onto the roof. We look down and see about seven people getting out of a truck. There's an old man, a girl with red-purpleish hair, I guy with her, a woman with dark skin and a fierce look, a guy that looks like he doesn't want to be there, a man in a military uniform, and finally a man that looks in charge. We look around and see that the whole place is trashed and I bet all the food and supplies are gone too. Damn.

Lexa's POV:

I look over to Tessa and hand her a red bandanna.

"Here put this on"

She nodded and we tied it around our face. Its like our mark. This tells people that we are the Assassins, we are known for no mercy. For anyone: men, women, and zombie. We kill for supplies and anyone who gets in our way.

We move to the other side of the building. We see a cage with a girl inside, and zombies all around. She looks dead, but if she was the zombies wouldn't be trying to get her. Then 3 people come from around the corner. The old man the girl with the red-purpleish hair, and the guy with her. They kill all the Zombies, and saves the girl. They all go inside the high school.

"What do you think there up too?" I asked Tessa

"Probably questioning the cage girl."

"  I think there on some type mission."