Scene Nineteen

EXT: UnknownBuilding

(Mr Delfore is seen standing outside the building along with twenty armed men, Crash and Smithy. Mr Delfore starts to talk into a communication radio)

Mr Delfore:

Murphy...Murphy...Can you hear me?

Murphy:

Yes sir, I can hear you...what's your location?

Mr Delfore:

We're outside their base, we can see people moving inside...we're going to storm the base; we'll cut communication until we're out...

Murphy:

Okay sir, talk to you soon...

(Mr Delfore turns the radio off; he gives a hand gestured signal to his men. His men and he run into the building, a couple of shots are heard)

INT: The Phoenix's Office

(The Phoenix is sitting on his seat behind the desk, Elsie walks in)

Elsie:

You wanted to see me?...

The Phoenix:

Yes, sit down...Elsie, what do you know about Edward's death?

Elsie:

(Nervously) ...Erm...well, we'd been captured and locked in a cell, I was then taken to see The Leader, he and I had a little chat...

The Phoenix:

(Cuts in) What about?

Elsie:

Well...erm, he talked about killing me or 'silencing' me as he put it. Then he started to talk about how we met and then Mr Delfore entered and I was taken back to the cell. A couple of days later they came in and removed Edwards, tortured him and killed him...

The Phoenix:

(Suspiciously) How do you know he was tortured?

Elsie:

(She looks at the floor) We could hear the screams, then we heard a single shot and laughing...a cruel laugh...an insane one...

The Phoenix:

I see...Thank you...

Elsie:

(Suspiciously)...why did you want to know?

The Phoenix:

I just needed to know, that's all...he was my friend...

Elsie:

Oh...okay...is there anything else?

The Phoenix:

Just check everything is ready, not long now...

(Elsie leaves the office, she walks through the main room and into an empty room, and she closes the door behind her and sits on a chair. She begins to break down and cry)

INT: The Leader's Base, Main room

(Murphy is on the phone)

Murphy:

Yes sir...Mr Delfore, Crash and Smithy...about twenty armed men as well...the said they'd report back in afterwards...no sir, they did not mention an address...very well sir, I'll make sure to tell Mr Delfore when he reports back in...(He hangs up the phone and sighs in a relaxing manner)

INT: The Phoenix's office

The Phoenix:

(To himself) Hmm...maybe that voice is trying to fuck with my mind...but he sounded so satisfied...no, I can't question someone I love...but...she didn't even tell me I had a son...what else has she kept from me?...No! (He slams his fist onto the desk) Time's to short to fuck things up with people amongst my ranks...I need all the support I can get...hmm...

INT: The Leader's office

(The Leader's shadowy figure can be seen sitting in the chair behind his desk)

The Leader:

Not long now...once Mr Delfore crushes the group, only my brother stands in my way, but he will fall easily...and I will have those traitorous bastards executed...and the world can go back to normal. (He picks up the phone) who is this?...Murphy? okay...how long is this going to take?...what do you mean you don't know...very well, how's the training going?...oh...good, okay thank you...get back to work. Excellent...nothing will be able to stop me...my brother will pay for the murder of Gilmour...The treacherous business with Elsie and for what he did to me...

(Murphy enters The Leader's office)

The Leader:

Yes?...

Murphy:

sir I have just had contact

The Leader:

And...what is the news? Has the group been removed?...

Murphy:

erm ...not quite...

The Leader:

(Angry) What do you mean not quite?

Murphy:

Well apparently they charged in, but the group was expecting them...they killed our men, Crash and Smith got out...they contacted as soon as they could...

The Leader:

and what of Mr Delfore?

Murphy:

Well...erm that's the thing sir...

The Leader:

Yes?

Murphy:

Well they took all the bodies of our men and also the body of Mr Delfore...

The Leader:

Are you telling me Mr Delfore is dead?

Murphy:

Yes sir...Mr Delfore is dead...

The Leader:

I see...Leave me at once...

(Murphy leaves the office)

The Leader:

Dead...he's dead...