Scene Twelve

INT: Unknown house

(Elsie and a group of people are sitting in the Living room, a 13 year old boy is sitting on the floor watching TV)

Elsie:

Hey! Move back from the TV...you'll hurt your eyes

Boy 3:

Yes mum (he shuffles back)

Elsie:

Good boy (She smiles at him)

(The older man from the past walks in through the door)

Elsie:

Hi dad, I just wanted to thank you again...I know we've been here quite a while...well seven months to be exact but don't worry we'll be gone soon... (She smiles at him)

Elsie's Father:

Don't worry about it petal, it's been lovely having you around here again. I must say it's far better than your once a month trips to see your boy, once a month for ten years isn't exactly practical for a growing boy you know, especially without his father.

Elsie:

I know dad, but I told you the reasons when you took him ten years ago

Elsie's Father:

I know , I know, I'm just saying. I assume he will be staying when you leave then?

Elsie:

Unfortunately yes, but not for that long. After the uprising has finished he can come and live with me, (She turns to him) looking forward to it?

Boy 3:

Yeah! Can't wait mum

Elsie:

Good lad

(The home phone begins to ring)

Elsie's Father:

Elsie answer the phone please

Elsie:

Okay...

(She Sighs, and leaves the room; it shows her in the passage way, she picks up the phone)

Elsie:

Hello?

Voice:

(Whispers)...it approaches...the day approaches...and both will loose...the future of man...on one day...it approaches...it approaches...I'm coming for you... (The person hangs up, and the beeping begins)

(She slams the phone down, and walks nervously back into the living room, she tries to act calm)

Elsie's Father:

Who was it?

Elsie:

Wrong number

(she smiles nervously; and turns to her father)

Elsie:

Dad could I talk to you alone please?

(They leave the room and go into the kitchen)

Elsie:

Unforeseen circumstances have unfortunately cut the time I can spend here, I'm afraid I have to leave tonight

Elsie's Father:

Tonight? What about your friends? Are they going with you?

Elsie:

No they're not, but you need to get out of here as well

Elsie's Father:

And just where do you expect me to go?

Elsie:

It doesn't matter just leave tonight!

Elsie's Father:

And the boy? Who's he going with?

Elsie:

You'll have to take him with you; it's far too dangerous for him to be with me

Elsie's Father:

Oh Elsie, what've you got yourself into?

Elsie:

Look, I can't say, but what I can say is your life is at risk if you stay here

Elsie's Father:

What about your friends lives? Shouldn't you be warning them?

Elsie:

No... (she looks at the floor)

Elsie's Father:

(Confused) But...

Elsie:

(She cuts him off)...Just leave it there, please dad

Elsie's Father:

Okay, do you want to know where I go?

Elsie:

It's better if I didn't

Elsie's Father:

...If you insist, it's starting to get late you should get a couple of hours sleep before you leave

Elsie:

Okay, I'll send him to bed as well, just wake him up and tell him something, just leave tonight

(Elsie goes back into the Living room)

Elsie:

c'mon you! Bed...

Boy 3:

But mum it's only...

Elsie:

(She cuts him off with slight anger in her voice)

Now!

(he leaves the living room and can be heard going up stairs, other footstep are heard going up the stairs)

Elsie:

Well good night you guys...I'll see you in the morning

(She exits the room smiling at the group of people, once the door is closed she rushes up the stairs and jumps on her bed and falls asleep)

3 hours later...

(Elsie wakes up and rushes down stairs, she opens the living room door and checks that they're all asleep. She goes back upstairs and checks her father and sons room, they're empty. She goes back downstairs and opens the front door, she runs off down the street and around a corner where she crouches in the darkness. About 10 minutes later a van pulls up outside the house, she sees masked and armed men run into the house she's just fled. She sees the flashing of the sparks given off by the guns, gunshots can be heard and they echo down the street. The men leave the house. One of them stands at the front door and looks up and down the street his face is not clear. He then jumps into the passenger seat in the front and the van drives off down the street, it passes the corner in which she hidden by the darkness and turns off at the end of the street)