Scene Fifteen

INT: The Phoenix's Whitechapel base, a bedroom

(Elsie is laid on the bed facing the wall, she has had a shower, her hair is wet and she's in a white bathrobe. The Phoenix is sat on a chair next to the bed)

The Phoenix:

Elsie...why didn't you tell me you had a son? Did you think I would try and stop you from seeing him?

Elsie:

(Quietly) No, I knew you'd let me see him...I just thought it would protect him better...I've been to visit him once a month for the past ten years...but seven months ago after we were released I stayed with my father and him...it was a stupid mistake (She begins to cry)

The Phoenix:

So that's were you'd been going...why didn't he stay with his father? You two could have brought him here and we would've protected him

(Elsie turns over and faces the Phoenix)

Elsie:

(Quietly) Will you take the mask of ?...please...for me...

The Phoenix:

(Hesitantly) erm...I erm...I guess I could...I've not taken it off for anyone in 10 years...only in my own company or to shower...

(He gets up and closes the door, he turns around and looks at Elsie, she looks back at him, and he kneels down beside the bed next to her. He slowly pulls the mask off, His face is shown, Elsie smiles and is crying, and she reaches out and puts her hand on his face and strokes it. He smiles at her and she smiles back)

Elsie:

Look...there's something I should've told you a long time ago...

The Phoenix:

what is it Elsie?

Elsie:

Do you remember that night we had ? You know a couple of months after your brother left?

The Phoenix:

(Curious)...yeah...what about it?...

Elsie:

Well I got pregnant...my son is well...(She sighs)...well he's also yours...(She smiles at him)

(The Phoenix looks shocked, he stands up and goes to the window)

The Phoenix:

(Stuttering in shock) He...he...he's...mine?

Elsie:

(Depressed) well he was, until that bastard killed him (she begins to cry again)

(The Phoenix goes over to the bed and put his arm around her, she responds and throws her arms around his neck, they hug for a while. Elsie slowly pulls her head away and as she does she moves towards his lips. They kiss for several seconds. Elsie pulls away and looks at him, he looks back at her, they smile at each other and he initiates the kiss, they begin a make out session and are slowly stripping each other. They both then get under the covers and start having sex in which The Phoenix is on his back with Elsie on top. They then switch over and are now doing the missionary position, kissing each other, this is continued until orgasm. He roles of her and she snuggles into his chest, he kisses the top of her head)

INT: Unknown office

(A phone can be seen, it is ringing, a gloved hand picks it up the person can not be seen. The voice from earlier is heard)

Voice:

Hello?...yes...okay...I understand Sir...how many? Okay, how long do I have? Yes sir I shall be as quick as possible to get away...thank you...I shall see you soon sir...

(The Phone is put back on the hook. You see a pair of legs leaving the unknown office. A couple of minutes later armed troops burst into the office, a troop in control picks up his radio)

Troop 1:

Sir, it's empty

Mr Delfore:

I see...Well then do a thorough search of the premises and come back if you find nothing

Troop 1:

Yes sir

(A troop enters the office holding a suitcase)

Troop 2:

Sir, we found this in one of the rooms

Troop 1:

(On the radio) Sir, we've found a suitcase

Mr Delfore:

What was inside it?

Troop 1:

We don't know sir

Mr Delfore:

Well open it I want to know

Troop 1:

(Uneasy) Okay sir (He turns to his troops) you heard him, open it up

(Troop 2 places the suitcase on the desk and opens the locks, as he lifts the lid a ticking can be heard, the lid is off, there is a computer screen and around it is C4, upon the computer written words can be seen. 'You were so close...oh well, goodbye...' a timer comes on to the screen counting down from 5 seconds)

Troop 2:

(Panicked and shouting) Shit!

(The bomb explodes, the flames consume the whole office and building killing the whole armed squad, all of this is seen)

INT:

The Leader's Base, Main control room

(Mr Delfore is holding a radio)

Mr Delfore:

Well? What was in it? (The radio stays silent) Hello?...Respond...

(The Phone begins ringing, Murphy is seen to be picking it up, whilst Mr Delfore is still trying to get a response through the radio)

Murphy:

Hello?...erm I don't think I'm authorised to do that...okay...okay okay I'm doing it...(He puts Loud speaker on)...there you go you're on...

Voice:

...Hello all...I'm sorry to tell you that you troops are, well...they regret to inform you that they won't be in work tomorrow, due to the fact that they're all dead (laughs). Well Goodbye all enjoy your day...I'll be in touch soon... (He laughs and hangs up the phone)

Mr Delfore:

Murphy, see if you can trace the source of the call...

Murphy:

Sir...that call...it came from within the base...