Daniel glides his hand down his stubble, like he is organising his thoughts before he continues.

"Lizzie, if you're watching, I want you to know how deeply sorry I am for how I behaved. Hopefully you understand now what a fool I've been. From the first time we met you captivated my heart and my soul recognised you as it's other half. I hope and pray that you will be able to forgive my stupidity and still love me, despite my obvious flaws. You are quite simply the love of my life, you are all I see and you make me a better man. I want to spend the rest of my life making this mess I've made up to you." Daniel turns to the host. "Thank you." He says with a shaky voice and leans back in his seat. The host, other guests and audience burst into applause. The female singer next to him wipes away a tear and gently squeezes his arm. Daniel shyly waves and rubs his hands through his hair, looking overwhelmed.

I don't listen to the end of the show. Before I have chance to think, I'm up off the sofa. I grab my phone and keys, and rush to the front door. I slip on my trainers and slam the door behind me.

I hear my phone ring and then the beeps of messages, but I just ignore them. As I run to my car, the cold air immediately makes me shiver and it's raining heavily. I think about turning back for my coat, but that will give me too much time to think about what I'm doing. So, instead I just blast the heating up as soon as I'm in the car.

I race through the London streets and make my way to the hotel. Luckily, on a Sunday night the roads are fairly quiet.

My mind is whirling uncontrollably how badly this could all go wrong. How I'm not strong enough to go through this again. But, I force myself to stop thinking about the thousands of reasons why this won't work and concentrate on the one reason why it will ... love.

What did the Beatles say? All you need is love! In this moment, right now, I realise that they were one hundred percent right. I'm inexplicably and uncontrollably in love with him and by some bizarre chance of fate, he has made it clear to me and the rest of the world that he feels the same.

If we can put our demons behind us, trust each other and confide in each other then we can make this work. If he is willing to go on national television and admit he was an idiot, then I'm as sure as I can ever be that he won't shut me out again. Now I know that he is just as damaged and insecure as me inside, so maybe we can fix each other?

The rain still pours down relentlessly, but I barely notice it when I look for somewhere to park in the street outside the hotel. There is nowhere to park. This is just typical! I slam my hands down on the steering wheel in frustration and turn into the next street.

I just about manage to park and then realise that I don't have an umbrella with me. "Great." I mutter. "You're going to walk into one of the snootiest hotel in London wearing jeans and a hoodie, with soaking wet hair." I let out a huge sigh and look at myself in the rear view mirror. "Come on Lizzie. You cannot stop now."

I step out of my car and start to jog towards the hotel. I pull my thin hoodie up over my hair, but it does little to shield me from the rain. I bound into the reception and head straight for the lift. I don't make eye contact with anyone as the lift door opens. I look at the panel and cannot remember what room he told me.

An elderly couple get into the lift with me as I continue to rack my brains. The Gods must be on my side because the woman presses the number eight. 874, I think with a wave of relief. I beam at the couple and they look at me like I am stark raving mad.

I check my reflection and I am literally soaking. I smooth my hair and then retie it into a messy bun. I didn't think this through very well. Oh well, I'm here now!

I step out of the lift and look at the signs to see which way Daniel's room is. I turn left and start to jog up the long corridor to his room. Once I'm outside I freeze. What am I going to say? Shit, I hadn't thought this far ahead.

I force myself to knock the door, but he doesn't answer. I knock again a little more loudly, but still nothing. My heart begins to sink. I knock one more time, knowing he's not there. I should have just called, I scold myself.

The reality of everything that has happened over the last couple of days hits me. Suddenly, I feel exhausted. I look insane doing this. Why couldn't I just be normal for once and call him first to see where he was. He did say to ring him. Maybe he's travelling somewhere now or out for the evening.

I lean back against the wall of the corridor and slide down, so that I'm sitting on the floor. I bring my knees up and wrap my arms round them. I bury my head and just take a moment. A few stray tears fall and I wipe them away with the sleeve of my hoodie.

"Lizzie?" I hear him from the end of corridor. He's so far away I think I've imagined it.

My head snaps up and I see him. He is still in his suit trousers and shirt. But he has taken off his jacket and has undone his shirt a little more. His hair is wet from the rain and there are dark droplets all over his shirt. He's a little too far away for me to read the expression on his face.

I rise to my feet, but suddenly my mind draws a blank. I have no idea what to say.

"Did you read the letter?" He asks nervously as he slowly makes his way towards me.

I nod slowly, not trusting myself to speak. I'm still frozen to the spot.

"Did you watch the show?" He stops walking.

I nod again.

"And... can you ever forgive me?" His voice breaks with emotion as he asks the question.

I immediately need to close this gap between us, we've been too far apart for too long. I need him to hold me. I need to be in his arms again. I start to jog down the corridor towards him and he begins to stride towards me too. I launch myself at him and without warning, he lifts me into the air. I wrap my legs around his waist and breathe in his scent.

I kiss him deeply and desperately, like my life depended on it. He holds me to him tightly as his hands glide over my back and around my waist. My one hand grips his neck, holding him to my kiss, while the other runs through the back of his hair. I feel like I'm home.

"Oh Lizzie, I'm so sorry." He whispers softly against my ear.

"I understand and ... I forgive you." I lean back as I speak to him, wanting to look into his eyes when I say the words. I watch the relief flash across his eyes as they glaze over.

"Oh god Lizzie, I thought I'd lost you. I will never shut you out again. I love you."

"I love you too."

Daniel then reaches his room and opens the door, still holding me in front of him. He switches on the light inside and I feel it flood over me as he lets the door close.

Daniel places me down onto the floor in front of him and then wraps me in his arms. He kisses the top of my head and then rests his forehead against mine. We both stand still in this tranquil moment, a smile pulling at both of our lips.

I know without doubt that this is where I belong. I have stepped out of the darkness that once consumed me, to be with him, forever.

THE END.

- hey guys! Please let me know what you think?

What do you make of the ending? I hope you all love it, but please be honest!

I'll be posting an author's note soon to thank you all! But for now I want to say how grateful I am to each and every one of you for reading and sticking with their story.

Please don't forget to tick the little star -