Chapter 15: Violet's POV/ ECC309

So, kinda short, but planning to make up for it in the next chappie!! Leave a comment and a vote thanks!

Chapter 15 

After breakfast with George's parents we decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood. As we walked neither one of us said anything and I was starting to get antsy. I shoved his arm a little and he chuckled.

"Sorry just off in thought." He said looking down at the ground, watching his feet move.

"Ooh! What were you thinking about?" I asked already having a good guess.

"Well..." He blushed.

"Come on." I said pushing him again.

"Well, it's Laura.  I can't get my mind off of her and it makes me upset to think of her back In Hamburg with Paul." I frowned even though I knew that's what it was.

"Yeah, I know what you mean..." I scratched the back of my neck. "I was in the same situation back home." He gave me a confused look. "But I don't want to talk about it." I said feeling the tears well up in my eyes.

"Ok, I won't make you." He said. "But only on one condition." He pointed his finger at me.

"And what's that?" I asked smirking a little as my tears went away.

"You answer this question." He said smiling. "Are you and John together?" I blushed bright red.

"Well, we are technically together but..." 

"But?" He was looking at me excitedly.

"He did kiss me before we left." My face grew even more red and I put my hands over my cheeks to cover it up.

"Don't." He said pulling my hands off my face. "You look so cute when you're blushing." He walked faster and turned into a little store. I ran to catch up and when I got inside it was a little cup cake place.

"Cupcakes!" I said clapping my hands excitedly. George chuckled at me and then shushed me while still laughing. 

"Don't draw attention to us unless you want to be running for your life down the street." He said seriously. I did an imaginary zipper across my mouth and nodded my head. We stepped up to the counter and an older-ish woman looking quite bored was standing there.

"What can I get you?" She said tapping her finger nails on the counter. 

"I'll just have a plain one with white icing." Said George. "What do you want?" He said turning to me.

"I want a chocolate one with chocolate icing." I said licking my lips at the thought.

"One chocolate with chocolate icing and one plain with white icing coming right up." Said the lady walking away and George and I waited for the lady to come back at the counter.

"You like your chocolate, huh?" Said George.

"Oh yes! I LOVE my chocolate." He laughed at me and the woman came back with our cupcakes. 

"Here you are." George reached in his pocket and then a look of a shock came on his face and I remembered that when George came home from Hamburg he was absolutely broke. I reached in my pocket and luckily had just enough. I paid the lady and thanked her and we left.

"I'm sorry, I'll pay you back when we get back to my parents." He said looking so embarrassed.

“No, don't bother!" I took a bite of my cupcake and hummed at the goodness. I looked at George and he looked at me and started cracking up. "What?" I asked and he just kept laughing. "What?!"

"Chocolate mustache!" 

I poked my lips out and tried to look at it but I couldn't see. I finally just licked above my lips and sure enough there was chocolate there. I giggled and we kept walking and eating our cupcakes as our laughs calmed down. 

"So..." I said after we finished our cupcakes. 

"Do you ever just feel like... okay, so you know the Everly Brothers song 'So How Come No One Loves Me'?" Said George.

"Yeah, I love the Everly Brothers!" I started singing the song. "Well, if you wonder who the loneliest people in the world can be... Well there's the ugly duckling, the little black sheep, and me! Uh huh." He laughed.

"Yeah, that one. Has that ever been just... the story of your love life?" I stopped and my eyes went wide. George stopped and looked at me concerned. 

"What? What's wrong?" I was frozen for a bit and then I immediately fell onto George.

"George!" I screamed through his shirt. "It was him!"

"Who?!" George asked pulling me away from him. 

"It was the man! The one who beat me a up and tried to stuff Laura in the car! I think he's following me!" I shoved my face into his neck and began crying. He started rubbing my back. 

"Here let's get you back home and I'll call the others."