Chapter 10: Laura's POV/ PickleGirl58

Laura's POV-

I got up from the front step and went inside. I went to the boy's apartment and went inside just in time to see George giggling with Violet. They were eating strawberries, and I scrunched up my nose. I didn't like strawberries all that much. George locked his eyes with mine and he stopped giggling and he looked at his feet. I looked at Violet, who gave me a small smile. I knew she'd been the one to make him feel better. And I knew she didn't like me messing it all up again.

"I'm gonna go and..." I trailed off and walked out of the kitchen. I was freezing and I needed a hug. I found Ringo and Paul sitting on the couch still talking. I wondered where John was. And I hadn't seen Astrid and Stu since we left the club.

"Hi, love." Paul said patting the seat next to him. I sat next to him and sighed. He put his arm around me and I instantly felt the warmth of his embrace. I curled up into him and buried my nose in his shoulder. He didn't seem to notice my glum and down expression. Ringo did though.

"You OK, Laura?" He asked. He looked like he already knew. I nodded, lying to him of course, and closed my eyes as I nuzzled farther into Paul. I must have fallen asleep.

Paul's POV-

I looked over at Laura. She'd gone to sleep. I tried not to show how happy that made me. It looked like she'd rather have George for a while. Ringo was talking to me about our set list and he'd asked her if she was OK. I wondered why, but didn't ask.

"Paul," Ringo said seriously. I looked away from Laura and smiled.

"Yes, Rich?" I asked wrapping my arm tighter around her.

"What do you think's wrong?" He asked looking at Laura. I frowned at him and he rolled his eyes, "You didn't notice? C'mon, Paul it's obvious she's been crying. And John and George were screaming at each other just a few minutes ago!"

"John and George argue all the time, Richie." I rolled my eyes this time, "And Laura said she was fine."

"Well it's obvious she was lying about it." Ringo said. I shook my head and stood up.

"Nah," I said picking her up. I carried her into my bedroom and gently put her on the bed. I covered her up and kissed her cheek before I left the room, shutting the door behind me.

I found George and Violet sitting on the couch where I'd been sitting. I smiled at them, but George scowled at me.

"What'd I do to you?" I asked sitting down on the arm of the chair Ringo was in.

"You stole my girl." George mumbled crossing his arms as he pouted. Violet rolled her eyes and poked him.

"She wasn't your girl, and if Laura knew you were arguing over her she'd probably dump the both of you." Violet said seriously. I looked at her and shook my head.

"No he's just mad because she doesn't like him." I said smirking. I was very proud that I'd managed to ask her out first.

"How do you know she doesn't like me!?" George asked jumping to his feet. "You never asked her and you pulled her away before I could see!"

"It's not my fault you're too slow!" I smirked at him and he clenched his jaw.

"I wasn't slow!" George hollered, "You told Violet to steal her away!"

"She didn't have to!" I said, "Clearly Violet wants us together more than you!" Violet stood up next and held up her hands.

"Hold it!" She said over us, "I only went to get her because-"

"Because why?" George turned on her and he looked really upset.

"Because he pulled me away from John and I wanted him to leave me alone!" She said, offended he'd accuse her like that. "I didn't know he wanted to ask her out! And I certainly didn't think Laura would say yes if he did ask!"