Chapter 20: Laura's POV/ PickleGirl58

Laura's POV

Whoever was knocking on the door this early in the morning would probably be dead if I had lasers for eyes. It was a good thing I didn't, and that Stuart had doughnuts with him. I took them from him as I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug.
"I've missed you!" I said excitedly. Stuart laughed and hugged each me back as I pulled him inside. I closed the door and put the doughnuts on the table. "I wondered if you came home with John. Are you staying?" Stu shook his head and I pouted.
"No, Astrid and Klaus are expecting me back." He said gesturing in a random direction. I was assuming he meant Hamburg by it. "But I've missed you too!" I got another hug and I pulled him into the living room. We sat down and he told me about everything he'd done after Paul and Ringo and I had left. He talked a lot about Astrid, and I smiled at him. I so wanted him to end up with her, but as soon as Violet walked in I wondered if he realized how often he talked about Astrid. The way he was looking at Violet made me think twice about him and Astrid.
Violet looked tired and I wondered why she'd slept so hard, "Oh, Hi, Vi." I got up and started to go get a doughnut, "look who's in town!"
They exchanged some words and I grabbed a strawberry filled doughnut and went back into the living room. "Are you going somewhere?" I asked looking at the way Violet was dressed. She looked down at her clothes and nodded.
"I was going to go out for breakfast." She said looking nervous. I raised my eyebrows at her and she cleared her throat and shook her head when stu wasn't looking.
"Well I haven't eaten, can I join you?" Stu asked getting up from the couch. Violet nodded and smiled.
"Sure," she looked at me and I shook my head. I held up my half eaten doughnut and plopped onto the couch.
"I'm good, you guys go." I said waving. Stu waved back and they left quickly. I was left all alone now. I sighed and turned off the tv. I thought about what I was doing today. First lunch with Paul at noon and then hanging out with George later. Nothing all morning to do. I decided to take a nap. I grabbed a throw blanket and a pillow and fell asleep quite easily. When I woke up, someone was shaking me awake. I opened my eyes and found George laughing as I swatted at him. Something was impairing my vision, and my hands smacked it away quickly.
"You said to meet you here," he said, still laughing, "how long have you been sleeping?" I sat up and looked at the paper that had been tapped to me.
"I don't know," I yawned, reading the note. It was from Paul. Have to cancel lunch. Didn't want to wake you. Sorry Love. -Paul XOXO "Shit, what time is it?" I looked a round for a clock and found George's wrist. It was 2:35 pm, and I missed lunch totally. I sighed and George was still laughing.
I got up and huffed. I was about to go in my room and lock him out but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back, "Alright I'm sorry, but you're the only person I know who can get a good nights sleep and still manage to sleep all day." He said seriously, "what's wrong?" I handed him the note and pouted.
"Aw, Paulie cancelled on you." He said tossing the note aside, "but that just means you can hang out with me!" I sighed and tried to smile at him. I was really very upset Paul cancelled on me and George wasn't making me feel better. I did get to see Paul last night, but this was lunch and honestly I didn't get to spend a lot of time with him. He was always busy with his brother or I was working or something else that managed to get in the way. George put his arms around me and I was suddenly very comfortable in his embrace. It was warm and I couldn't help myself from wrapping my arms around his waist. I nuzzled into him and took in a deep breath. George always smelled good to me.
"I'm sorry," he said sighing, "I can go if you want." I sat up and looked at him, frowning.
"You can't cancel on me too!" I whined. George laughed and pecked my cheek quickly before he let go.
"Well then go get dressed." He said sitting on the couch, "I'm taking you window shopping." I laughed and went in my room to change. I put on a skirt and a nice top before I pulled on some shoes. I looked in the mirror and scowled. I looked terrible. I managed to look a little better with some make up and a braid in my hair before I came out. George was eating a doughnut in the kitchen while he read our mail. I snatched it from him and shoved it in a drawer.
"Not for you," I said poking him. He chuckled and grabbed my hand. He pulled me to the door and I smiled as he pulled me out into the hall.
Off we went to the shops in town and even though I'd been here a million times, George wanted to come so I went along with it. Every shop we went into George asked if I wanted anything. Really I could have bought it myself, but he seemed to want to get me something. I protested to the point of saying I didn't want anything, and I had to stop myself from buying anything, including a perfect lavender dress I found in a thrift shop near Tasha's Tasty Tarts.
We ate cupcakes and drank tea while we were in there, and we sat in our booth and talked for what felt like ages.
As we drive home, I remembered that at some point in my life I loved George. He was my favorite Beatle and the one I daydreamed about. But I was with Paul. I really liked Paul. I loved Paul actually. I love him a lot. But something about being with George made me forget all that, and that something made me want to get out of the car and inside, away from him, before something bad happened.
We got back upstairs quickly and George and I went inside to find John, Violet, Ringo, and Paul all sitting on the couch talking while the TV ran in the corner. I took off my jacket and dropped it on the table before I went into my room. I forgot I invited everyone over to have dinner. And that meant spending more time with George. But it also meant being with Paul. So I took off my shoes and took down my hair before I went back into the living room.
"Hey Laurie," Paul said smiling at me. I smiled back and sat down practically on top of him. He put his arm around me and I kissed his cheek.
"Hi," I said back as he kissed me back, "what have you been up to?" Paul ran his hand into my hair and I put my head on his shoulder.
"I helped my dad clean out his garage." He said simply, "where have you and Georgie been?"
"We went window shopping and we went to Tasha's for cupcakes." I said smiling, "I missed you." Paul chuckled and rubbed my arm.
"Not to interrupt," John said loudly, "but I'm starving." I laughed and got up. Paul tried to pull me back but I didn't let him.
"What do you fellas want to eat?" I asked thinking about the things we had in our cupboards. Violet gasped suddenly and I raised my eyebrows at her.
"We should have chicken puffs and spinach!" Violet said excitedly. I laughed and shook my head.
"Great, I'll go and get that going." I said going into the kitchen. I started on chicken puffs and spinach. It was all ready in about an hour and a half. We were all sitting at the table and I was crammed between Paul and George and someone's foot kept rubbing mine and I hoped so much it was Paul and not George. I didn't really thinks George was the type to flirt with a girl that was spoken for, but you learn something new every day I guess.
I just kept quiet while everyone talked to one another. I didn't want to cause any problems between George and Paul and I didn't want to draw attention to my discomfort. I ate my spinach in silence while someone played footsie with me under the table and Paul held my hand.
When most everyone had gotten up, Paul and I were left alone. I turned to him and he frowned slightly at me. I frowned back and he tucked my hair behind my ear.
"Are you okay?" He asked quietly. I shrugged and looked at our tangled fingers. "Laura what's wrong?" He asked seriously. I sighed and glanced to the living room where George was making Violet laugh rather hard somehow.
"It's just....George is confusing me." I said honestly. Paul frowned more and I sighed, trying to come up with a better way to explain it. "Okay, so when I met you guys you fought over me, right?" Paul nodded, "and George clearly liked me at least a little, and I think he still does, but I don't know and I don't know what to do about it." Paul laughed and kissed my cheek several times.
"Don't do anything. If he likes you then he likes you." He said shrugging, "I don't care as long as he doesn't do anything to you." I took in a breath of relief and nodded. I kissed him and he smiled.
"I love you." I said ruffling his hair lightly. He laughed and kissed me again. He pulled on me until I was nearly in his lap. I laughed and put my arm around his neck as he kissed my jaw and up close to my ear. I was quite enjoying this moment, but someone knocking on the door ended it.