Chapter 21: Violet's POV/ ECC309

Chapter 21

Violet's POV

Everyone was over for dinner and we were eating chicken puffs and spinach. Something that I loved! I was sitting between John and Ringo, straight across from Laura who looked extremely uncomfortable and was being oddly quiet.
While slowly chewing my last bite of delicious spinach, John gave me a weird look.

"What?" I asked, setting down my fork.

"You're so weird." John said with as chuckle. I scrunched my nose at him.

I looked around and everyone seemed to be done.

"Well, Laura. This meal was fabulous!" I said licking my lips. "And since you made it I'll take care of the dishes." I stood up and grabbed all of the plates except for John's because he refused to give it to me and insisted on helping me.
We walked into the kitchen and I set all of the dishes in the sink. Before I got started I turned to John.

"Hey John," he hummed 'yes' as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Is it just me, or was Laura acting strange?"

"Isn't it obvious?" He said smirking a little at my innocence.

"What? Tell me!" I said poking his chest before I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I don't know maybe I shouldn't." He said smugly.

"John Lennon you tell me right now!" I shout-whispered.

"Well, you know, you can't get something for nothing." He said smiling, his face getting a little closer to mine.

"Alright Lennon. What do you want?" I said squinting my eyes at him.

"Hmm let's see..." He began to stroke his chin goofily. "How about, if I tell you than you have to give me 3 kisses and two compliments." He smirked, pulling me closer to him so our bodies were pressed together.

"That sounds fair." I said smiling at the excuse to get to kiss him.
I jumped slightly and kissed him. It was a very sweet kiss. "Now, pretty boy, tell me what's going down!" He gave me an odd look at my choice of words and then proceeded to tell me.

"Okay, so George loves Laura, Laura loves George, Paul likes Laura and Laura likes Paul and none of the three can just get things straight." I blinked a few times staring at him in slight disbelief. As my mind was racing through different thoughts like 'love? Did they really love each other? I mean, I could tell that they had feelings for each other but love?' And 'if this is true why hadn't Laura talked to me about it?' Suddenly George came in, interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh... Sorry I didn't mean to interrupt anything..." He said awkwardly. "I was just going to come in and help but I can leave...?" He said pointing to the door. I quickly let John go and moved over to the sink.

"No, no, it's fine we could use the help." I smiled at him and he seemed to loosen up a little and the awkwardness was lifted. "Alright, I'll wash. John, you dry and George you put them away. I began to wash the plates and handed the first one to John so he could dry it. He wiped it with slightly disgusted look on his face.

"Do I have to dry?" He said almost like a little kid. "Ringo!" He shouted suddenly making me jump. Ringo suddenly walked in.

"Yeah?" Ringo said, confused.

"I have a job for you." John said shoving the drying towel into Ringo's hand.

"John!" I said giving a disapproving look. "Fine, then you have to help George put the plates away." I said handing another plate to Ringo to dry. 

After we got all of the dishes done, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" I shouted and ran to the front door. I opened it up to see a strange looking man. "Hello." I said giving him a pleasant smile. "Can I help you?" He smiled wryly.

"Yes," he said with a voice like ice. "You have something of mine that I would like back." He said taking off his black fedora.

"And what would that be?" I said automatically putting on my guard.

"I suppose you could say it's a power that was mine that you now posses." I scoffed a little.

"I assure you, sir. I have no 'powers'." He shook his head 'tsk'-ing.

"So naive.."

"Excuse me?" I said raising my voice a little and John came up behind me.

"Is something wrong, Violet? Who is it?" He pulled the door back further so he could see the rude stranger.

"I think you have the wrong place." I tried to say as nicely as possible.

"Oh trust me. I don't." He put his hat back on. "Violet." My eyes widened. How did he know my name?

"I think you need to leave." I said bluntly pointing away. "Goodbye." John and I stepped back and I shut the door in the guys face. Loosing my annoyance leaving just the shocked feeling.

"Who was it?" Laura said walking in with Paul.

"I don't know."