Safe and Sound

“Beam’s POV”

Two weeks later

My neck and back are killing me. I must have been lying in bed for a long time now for it to hurt this much. How long have I been sleeping? I forced my eyes to open slowly and adjust to the blinding room light.

Where am I? What happened?

When I woke up, I felt so drained and lifeless

When I woke up, I felt so drained and lifeless. My throat felt so dry. My head swirls around as my stomach grumble like it haven’t had any food for ages. I tried to adjust my position to relieve the back pain, only to be stopped by muscles aches from the rest of my body.

I noticed blood being transfused through my right arm while different intravenous medications hooked to me on my left. A long hose was inserted on my right chest as I hear a bubbling sound from the bottle on the end, simultaneous with my breathing. My right leg feels numb; when I checked, it was already cemented.

My eyes roamed around wonderingly. Even my head cannot be twisted without causing any pain. On the side of the hospital bed, there was a sleeping tall figure of a guy.

Clearly visible from the dark circles around his eyes that he hasn’t had enough rest yet. The wrinkles on his forehead prove how worried he’s been in the past few days. It was my father painfully calling my name in his sleep while tugging my hospital gown. I wanted to reach him so badly but all I can do at my current situation was moan.

Someone then came out from the restroom door. She was carrying a basin of warm water and a towel. She nearly dropped the things in her hands when my eyes met hers. Although she looked frail and tired, she still was the prettiest woman for me. I finally saw the beautiful radiant smile that I have been longing for a while now. It was that kind of smile that could melt anybody’s heart. No doubt it was my mother.

She rushed to my side as tears of happiness flows down her lovely face

She rushed to my side as tears of happiness flows down her lovely face. Her warm gentle hands brushed the hair from my forehead and pinch my right cheek hoping to bring back some color.

“Finally you’re awake. How are you feeling my Beamy? You scared us.” Mom sighed in relief as she wipes the tears on her sad face.

“I’m so-o-r-rry…” I tried to voice out but it came out hoarse followed by my own tears flowing down.