The Doctor Gang

"Beam's POV"

Dad carried me in his arms and we ran towards the ICU where mom was staying. We could not see what happened because the doctors were sorrounding her bed. I can see in dad's face the anxiety. I can feel the uneasiness in his body as he quiver. One nurse signalled us to come closer.  We walked into room afraid of the fact that was waiting for us. Now that we have a clear view, we saw why everybody was rushing to her room.

Mom has woke up. She looked tired and sleepy, but she is concious. All the doctors were dumbfounded while looking at their charts and chatting with one another. The nurses had  a look of disbelief while taking her vital signs.

"This is a medical miracle! We knew for sure that you were already a hopeless case." One doctor said in astonishment.

"Doctor. How could this be? My wife... she came back." dad cried on the way to hug mom.

"Honey. How are you feeling? Do you recognize me?" Dad was staring at mom endearly.

"I.. I was in a dream.. there was.. a... boy.. He wanted me to go back... He told me that.. that my son is waiting for me.. and he did not want to see.. see Beam cying.. then he was gone.. "

Mom looked my way and her eyes started to well.

"Beam! You really are here. I felt it when you held my hand. I heard you cry, so I knew I have to wake up."

Mom gave me the strongest embrace she could give. I reciprocated it with months worth of longingess for her warmth. Then dad joined in too and enveloped us with his arms.

I stayed in the hospital for several weeks as mom slowly regains his health

I stayed in the hospital for several weeks as mom slowly regains his health. The doctors were amazed at how mom's progress have been ever since I arrived. I was currently feeding mom with vegetable soup when I heard the conversation between my dad and mom's doctor.

"Looks like your son gave your wife a reason to live. We all can't believe how she manage to go from coma to her current state now."

"How is my wife's condition doctor?"

"She has been showing signs of progress. I'm not only talking about her health but also about her disease. The cancer cells in her blood has decreased dramatically. She has been responding well to the chemotheraphy. If this continues, she might get discharged in few weeks time."

"Can you epxlain how this happened? I'm happy for my family but it left me with so many questions."

"It's the first time I've encountered such. Your son was trully a ball of joy, life and hope for your wife. He was like the cure, or a miracle rather, a blessing to your wife."

I can't really understand adult languages but the gist of their conversation was that mom was improving and he can be discharge if he keeps her vibrant attitude.

Two more months in the hospital and mom was discharged. She was not yet completely done with her treatment but the doctor said that it would do her more benefit if she get some fresh air from the outside and spend her time with the family. From time to time we go back to the hospital but it was still good news as she gets better each visit. She had to cope up with her health. nd needs to grow back her hair. Dad made sure that the house where we were staying in US was always lively. All three of us excercise in the morning and eat the healthiest meals possible. We play family games and charades in the afternoon and sleep together in one bed at night.